Principles and Practice of Radiation Therapy - Text and E-Book Package, 3e
The 2nd edition of Principles and Practice of Radiation Therapy is a comprehensive, affordable, resource that covers all of the relevant information in one volume. The first unit, Introduction to Radiation Therapy, presents the foundation of knowledge needed to understand and build on important concepts. The second unit, Physics, Simulation and Treatment Planning, explores the different treatment procedures and supporting information. Unit 3, Practical Applications, discusses various types of cancer and the body systems affected. Excellent pedagogical features throughout the book include outlines and a list of key terms at the beginning of each chapter, as well as review questions and critical thinking questions at the end of each chapter.
- The only text available authored by radiation therapists for radiation therapy students and therapists that offers complete coverage of radiation therapy, giving readers the full breadth of information needed from the radiation therapist's perspective.
- Introductory information is provided, as well as simulation, treatment, and specific body system applications - all consolidated into one comprehensive volume.
- Chapters offer complete coverage of topics needed for the radiation therapy curriculum.
- Chapter outlines, key terms, review questions with answers, critical thinking questions, and a complete glossary give students the tools to make the best use of the text.
- Numerous scholarly journals have cited this book as a strong, authoritative, comprehensive text in radiation therapy, and it has received a multitude of positive reviews by peers in radiation therapy.
- Contributions from a broad-scope of practitioners include radiation therapists, physicians, nurses, administrators, and educators, accurately representing all professionals who make up cancer management teams in hospitals and clinics.
- New and emerging technologies being utilized by an increasing number of hospitals are covered, such as CT simulation and electronic charting.
- Material has been updated throughout, consolidated when applicable, and additional information added.
- New information is included, specifically in the areas of treatment planning, electronic charting, dose distribution, photon dosimetry and calculations, and education.
- Content reflects improved delivery methods of prescribed doses of radiation.
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.