Mainstream medicine's first guide to safe and effective modes of alternative healing
The world of natural and alternative medicine offers an amazing array of effective, inexpensive, but still controversial health-care choices. Now in this milestone book, America's most trusted provider of medical information, the Physicians' Desk Reference®, cuts through the controversy and tells you what you need to know about your healing options.
- Which widely available herbs, vitamins, and minerals act like potent prescription medication
- Fifty alternative therapy options--how they work, what they strive for, and potential side effects
- Self-help techniques to stave off--and even reverse--chronic problems and disease
- The latest findings on acupuncture, aromatherapy, chiropractic adjustment, homeopathy, and much more
- How certain natural remedies interact with conventional drugs
- Easy-to-use indexes that will enable you to find treatment options for hundreds of ailments, identify the most effective herbal remedies, and research natural medicines by both common and Latin names
- A sixteen-page herb identification portfolio featuring more than one hundred medicinal herbs, photographed in full color
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
"As individuals increasingly empower themselves in a variety of areas in our society, so too are they requiring more information and input into their own medical care decisions. . . . A great resource for the patient in his or her dialogue with the physician."
--JOSEPH R. CRUSE, MD
Founding Medical Director
The Betty Ford Center
"An excellent supplement to the education that should occur during every health visit . . . allows people to find answers when and where they need them--any time of the day or night in their own home."
--BARBARA P. YAWN, MD, MS
Associate Professor of Clinical Family Medicine
And Community Health, University of Minnesota
The experts go alternative.
Copyright 1999 Reed Business Information, Inc.
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Ballantine Books, 2000. Mass Market Paperback. Book Condition: New. 1. Bookseller Inventory # DADAX0345433777
Book Description Ballantine Books, 2000. Mass Market Paperback. Book Condition: New. book. Bookseller Inventory # M0345433777
Book Description Ballantine Books, 2000. Mass Market Paperback. Book Condition: New. Never used!. Bookseller Inventory # P110345433777