This specific ISBN edition is currently not available.View all copies of this ISBN edition:
Give your child a smart start with
What Your Fourth Grader Needs to Know
How can you help your child at home? This book answers that important question and more, offering the specific shared knowledge that thousands of parents and teachers across the nation have agreed upon for American fourth graders. Featuring sixteen pages of full-color illustrations, a bolder, easier-to-follow format, and a thoroughly updated curriculum, What Your Fourth Grader Needs to Know is designed for parents and teachers to enjoy with children. Hundreds of thousands of students have benefited from the Core Knowledge Series. This edition, featuring a new Introduction, gives today’s generation of fourth graders the advantage they need to make progress in school and establish an approach to learning that will last a lifetime. Inside you’ll discover
· Favorite poems—old and new, from the familiar classic “The Midnight Ride of Paul Revere” to Langston Hughes’s “Dream”
· Literature—from around the world, including African and Chinese folktales, excerpts from beloved novels, and condensed versions of popular classics such as Gulliver’s Travels and “Rip Van Winkle”
· Learning about language—the basics of written English, including grammar, punctuation, parts of speech, synonyms and antonyms, plus an introduction to common English sayings and phrases
· World and American history and geography—explore world and American history, including creation of a constitutional government and early presidents and politics
· Visual arts—a broad spectrum of art from around the world, including African masks, Islamic architecture, Chinese calligraphy, and great American painters—featuring full-color reproductions
· Music—understanding and appreciating music, from the basics of musical notation to the orchestra, plus great composers and sing-along lyrics for such favorites as “Auld Lang Syne” and “Waltzing Matilda”
· Math—challenging lessons ranging from fractions and decimals to understanding graphs, making change, square roots, and the metric system
· Science—discover the wonders of the human body and its systems, learn about electricity, atoms, chemistry, geology, and meteorology, plus concise biographies of some of the great scientists of our time
Note : The cover might be in red or white. Irrespective of the cover, the content is all the same.
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
Grade by grade, these groundbreaking and successful books provide a solid foundation in the fundamentals of a good education for first to sixth graders.
B & W photographs, linecuts, and maps throughout; two-color printing.
E. D. Hirsch, Jr., is an emeritus professor at the University of Virginia and the author of The Knowledge Deficit, The Schools We Need, and the bestselling Cultural Literacy and the Dictionary of Cultural Literacy. He and his wife, Polly, live in Charlottesville, Virginia, where they raised their three children.
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Delta. PAPERBACK. Condition: New. 0385337655 Ships promptly. Seller Inventory # Z0385337655ZN
Book Description Condition: New. FAST shipping, FREE tracking, and GREAT customer service! We also offer International and EXPEDITED shipping options. Seller Inventory # 3D7DSF001MPM
Book Description Delta, 2005. Paperback. Condition: New. Revised. Seller Inventory # DADAX0385337655
Book Description Delta, 2005. Paperback. Condition: New. Seller Inventory # INGM9780385337656
Book Description Delta. Condition: New. Paperback. Worldwide shipping. FREE fast shipping inside USA (express 2-3 day delivery also available). Tracking service included. Ships from United States of America. Seller Inventory # 0385337655
Book Description Delta, 2005. Paperback. Condition: New. Never used!. Seller Inventory # P110385337655
Book Description Delta, 2005. Paperback. Condition: Brand New. revised edition. 310 pages. 9.25x7.25x0.75 inches. In Stock. Seller Inventory # __0385337655