The simplest, most convenient alphabetized pocket guide to American Sign Language (ASL). Arranged in an easy-to-use dictionary format, this edition contains more than 600 signing entries with accompanying directions and illustrations. Inside you’ll find many special highlights, including:
· Over 600 signs –a selection of the most commonly used phrases
· Detailed illustrations -- showing exact hand positions and movements
· Fingerspelling -- to aid in communicating words for which there are no signs
· Memory aids -- to assist in recalling how to form signs
· Special sections -- on forming numbers, letters, and constructing word endings
· Comprehensive Index -- of entries and their synonyms for easy cross-referencing
The Pocket Dictionary of Signing is the most complete pocket guide to basic sign language -- and it’s portable enough to be carried anywhere in a pocket or purse.
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
Mickey Flodin is the author of Signing Everyday Phrases, Signing for Kids, Signing is Fun, Signing Illustrated, and co-author, with Rod R. Butterworth, of The Perigee Visual Dictionary of Signing, The Pocket Dictionary of Signing, and Signing Made Easy.
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Perigee Trade, 1987. Mass Market Paperback. Book Condition: New. Never used!. Bookseller Inventory # P110399513477
Book Description Perigee Trade. MASS MARKET PAPERBACK. Book Condition: New. 0399513477 New Condition. Bookseller Inventory # NEW7.1934890