A practical, `user-friendly' guide to the issues and methods associated with text and discourse analysis. Text and Discourse Analysis:
* examines a wide variety of authentic texts including news stories, adverts, novels, official forms, instruction manuals and textbooks
* contains numerous practical activities
* looks at a range of cohesive devices
* concludes by looking at larger patterns in texts, a set of further exercises and a guide for further reading
* provides a hands-on guide to an area of growing importance in language study.
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
Raphael Salkie is Principal Lecturer in Language Studies at the University of Brighton. His previous publications include The Chomsky Update (Routledge, 1990).
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Routledge, 2017. Paperback. Book Condition: NEW. 9780415092784 This listing is a new book, a title currently in-print which we order directly and immediately from the publisher. Print on Demand title, produced to the highest standard, and there would be a delay in dispatch of around 10 working days. For all enquiries, please contact Herb Tandree Philosophy Books directly - customer service is our primary goal. Bookseller Inventory # HTANDREE0258285
Book Description Routledge, 1994. Paperback. Book Condition: Brand New. 1st edition. 128 pages. 10.00x7.00x0.50 inches. In Stock. Bookseller Inventory # __0415092787
Book Description Routledge, 1995. Paperback. Book Condition: New. Never used!. Bookseller Inventory # P110415092787
Book Description Routledge, 1995. Paperback. Book Condition: New. book. Bookseller Inventory # M0415092787
Book Description Routledge. PAPERBACK. Book Condition: New. 0415092787 New Condition. Bookseller Inventory # NEW7.1077408