Fundamental Neuroscience for Basic and Clinical Applications: With STUDENT CONSULT Online Access, 3e (Haines, Fundamental Neuroscience for Basic and Clinical Appl)
A richly illustrated, clinically oriented textbook with well-balanced coverage of both neurophysiology and neuroanatomy provides all the knowledge you need for Board exam preparation and practice! This 3rd Edition offers meticulous updates from cover to cover ... a new, more user-friendly page layout ... 300 USMLE-style review questions, with answers and rationales ... and access to the entire text online, plus many other features, at www.studentconsult.com.
- Features author Duane E Haines, Recipient of the 2008 Henry Gray/Elsevier Distinguished Educator Award - the American Association of Anatomists' highest award for excellence in human anatomy education at the medical/dental, graduate, and undergraduate levels of teaching.
- Provides thorough explanations of cellular biology, neuron structure and function, vascular anatomy, neuronal communication, and the embryological development of the nervous system.
- Presents in-depth discussions of human regional neuroanatomy and systems neurobiology, providing a rich understanding of the function of the human brain and spinal cord.
- Uses abundant full-color illustrations, plus clinical and histological photographs, to make neuroanatomy easy to visualize.
- Presents numerous diagnostic imaging examples―including outstanding MR and CT imaging studies―to provide radiological correlations for various neuroanatomical structures.
- Features information based primarily on data obtained from human studies, rather than animal ones, to keep coverage relevant to clinical practice.
- Offers meticulous updates throughout to reflect all of the latest developments in neuroscience.
- Provides a new, more user-friendly page layout.
- Contains 300 new USMLE-style review questions, with answers and rationales.
- Delivers a new online feature that lets you quiz yourself on every illustration from the text by turning the anatomical labels on and off as desired. You'll also find 200 review questions from Dr. Haines's Review of Neuroscience book.
- Includes access to www.studentconsult.com ― where you'll find the complete text and illustrations of the book online, fully searchable · "Integration Links" to bonus content in other STUDENT CONSULT titles · content clipping for handheld devices · an interactive community center with a wealth of additional resources · and much more!
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.