This specific ISBN edition is currently not available.View all copies of this ISBN edition:
The provision of IP-based multimedia services is one of the most exiting and challenging aspects of next generation wireless networks. A significant evolution has been underway for enabling such multimedia services and for ultimately migrating the Internet to the wireless world. This book examines this evolution, looking at an array of the most up-to-date wireless multimedia technologies and services. The first part focuses on enabling technologies for wireless multimedia, while the second is dedicated to the new wireless multimedia services that are expected to play a key role in the future wireless environment. In addition, the related recent standardization, research and industry activities are addressed.
* Covers a complete range of multimedia hot topics, ranging from audio/video coding techniques to multimedia protocols and applications
* Discusses QoS issues in WLANs, 3G and hybrid 3G/WLAN networks
* Provides in-depth discussion of the most modern multimedia services, such as Push-to-Talk, Instant Messaging, Presence, mobile payments, MMS, WAP, and location-based multimedia services
* Addresses the emerging Multimedia Broadcast/Multicast Service (MBMS) and the key aspects of IP Multimedia Subsystem (IMS) in 3G networks
* Numerous on-line references will assist readers in their quest for the most up-to-date information
This comprehensive resource will have instant appeal to students in electrical and computer engineering or IT disciplines. It is also essential reading for engineering managers, engineers in wireless systems and multimedia, and wireless multimedia researchers.
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
Apostolis K. Salkintzis, Motorola Inc., Greece
Nikos Passas, University of Athens, Greece
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Wiley, 2005. Hardcover. Condition: New. 1. Seller Inventory # DADAX0470021497
Book Description Condition: New. New. Seller Inventory # M-0470021497
Book Description Condition: New. Seller Inventory # 2355424-n
Book Description John Wiley 2005-07-15, Chichester, 2005. hardback. Condition: New. Seller Inventory # 9780470021491
Book Description Wileyand#8211;Blackwell, 2005. HRD. Condition: New. New Book. Shipped from UK. Established seller since 2000. Seller Inventory # FW-9780470021491
Book Description 2005. Condition: NEW. 9780470021491 This listing is a new book, a title currently in-print which we order directly and immediately from the publisher. For all enquiries, please contact Herb Tandree Philosophy Books directly - customer service is our primary goal. Seller Inventory # HTANDREE0762066
Book Description John Wiley & Sons 2005-08-09, 2005. Hardcover. Condition: New. Seller Inventory # 6666-WLY-9780470021491
Book Description John Wiley & Sons Inc, 2005. Hardcover. Condition: Brand New. 1st edition. 454 pages. 9.75x6.75x1.25 inches. In Stock. Seller Inventory # __0470021497