Practical strategies for building strong managerial skills!
With the new Fourth Edition of Becoming a Master Manager: A Competency Framework, you can build practical skills in every area of managerial competency--skills you'll need to thrive in the diverse situations and challenges of the new millennium! The text guides you through eight interactive learning modules covering different leadership roles, including director, producer, mentor, facilitator, coordinator, monitor, innovator, and broker.
Features designed to help you become a master manager:
* The text's Competing Values Framework helps you develop new ways of thinking about the competing tensions and demands that are placed on managers.
* The authors' unique skills-based approach prepares you for today's management challenges.
* A highly effective five-step learning model (assessment, learning, analysis, practice, and application) helps you develop core leadership competencies.
* Real-world managerial examples illustrate key concepts and offer insight into the roles that managers play in real companies.
* Coverage of timely topics such as emotional intelligence, mentoring/coaching, and life balance will help you keep pace with today's rapidly changing workplace.
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
Robert E. Quinn is the Margaret Elliott Tracy Collegiate Professor in Business Administration & Professor of Management and Organizations at the University of Michigan. He has published many papers and books on management and organization, but Professor Quinn is particularly interested in issues concerning leadership, vision and change. He has an applied orientation and has 25 years of experience in working with executives on issues of organizational change. He has been involved in the design and execution of numerous large-scale change projects. He has worked with a large percentage of the Fortune 500 companies. He teaches in both the MBA and Executive Education Programs at the University of Michigan and is known for innovative instructional efforts. Professor Quinn is also a fellow of the World Business Academy.
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Wiley, 2006. Paperback. Book Condition: New. book. Bookseller Inventory # M0470050772
Book Description Wiley, 2006. Paperback. Book Condition: New. Never used!. Bookseller Inventory # P110470050772
Book Description Wiley, 2006. Paperback. Book Condition: New. Brand New!. Bookseller Inventory # VIB0470050772
Book Description Wiley. PAPERBACK. Book Condition: New. 0470050772 New Condition. Bookseller Inventory # NEW7.0175248
Book Description Jwo -, -. Book Condition: NEW. -- (illustrator). Original Books from across the World in Brand New Condition --------- It can be shipped from U.S, Canada, Germany & India/Overseas centre subject to availability.____9780470050774. book. Bookseller Inventory # ABE-NOV-ND-2656