* Objects First Approach. Students learn to design with objects from the start. In more traditional approaches, students first learn "programming basics in the context of procedural programming in the small." Since this frame of reference is essentially useless when attacking large-scale problems, students must later "re-learn how to approach problems. Instructors can present material from a point of view that will "make sense" throughout the curriculum. Presentation and justification of programming principles and good techniques is easier.
* Emphasis on the distinction between class specification and implementation. Students learn to develop coherent class specifications early on, and to build components that conform to carefully defined, consistent specifications. The result is more main-tainable, error-free code.
* Early emphasis on testing and test-driven implementation. Students develop a habit of testing as part of the implementation process. Testing is essential to ensure quality programs.
* Current presentation of object-oriented design and Java. Students benefit from seeing general approaches to commonly occurring design patterns in a specific, well-defined context. This will also make it easier for students to "get the point" when such topics are introduced in upper-level design and software engineering courses. Other features include an emphasis on event-driven interfaces, rather than traditional procedural I/O; informal use of standard UML notation
* Optional interactive exercises are designed for use with the open-source DrJava integrated development environment (IDE) - a popular tool for compiling and testing programs
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
If you want to get started in programming and software design, just follow the hundreds of other students who have depended on Nino and Hosch's An Introduction to Programming and Object-Oriented Design Using Java. Assuming no previous programming experience, and only elementary algebra, the newest edition of this popular text teaches you the basic discipline needed to create substantial programming applications that can be understood, maintained, and modified.
Stressing design and the discipline needed for developing complex software systems, the authors take an "objects first" approach to programming and software design. Using Java as the vehicle, they show you how to model problems with sound software engineering principles and concepts. Step by step, with numerous examples and exercises,, they provide you with the practice you need to acquire real proficiency in the design and construction of software systems. By the time you are done, you will have developed the fundamental skills and a grasp of system design that will prove as useful in constructing large systems as in building small components.
Updates and enhancements that make the Third Edition the best yet include:
Jaime Nino is Associate Professor of Computer Science at the University of New Orleans. He is the author, with Frederick Hosch, of the previous editions of An Introduction to Programming and Object-Oriented Design Using Java.
Frederick A. Hosch is Professor Emeritus at the University of New Orleans.
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Softcover. Book Condition: Brand New. .. Black & White or color International Edition. ISBN and front cover may be different, but contents are same as the US edition. Book printed in English. Territorial restrictions may be printed on the book. GET IT FAST within 3-5 business days by DHL/FedEx/Aramex and tracking number will be uploaded into your order page within 24-48 hours. Kindly provide day time phone number in order to ensure smooth delivery. No shipping to PO BOX, APO, FPO addresses. 100% Customer satisfaction guaranteed!. . Bookseller Inventory # UBS02755
Book Description Book Condition: Brand New. Brand New Paperback International Edition, Perfect Condition. Printed in English. Excellent Quality, Service and customer satisfaction guaranteed!. Bookseller Inventory # AIND-34768
Book Description Book Condition: New. New. International edition. Different ISBN and Cover image but contents are same as US edition. Perfect condition. Customer satisfaction our priority. Bookseller Inventory # ABE-FEB-131653
Book Description Book Condition: Brand New. New. SoftCover International edition. Different ISBN and Cover image but contents are same as US edition. Customer Satisfaction guaranteed!!. Bookseller Inventory # SHUB131653
Book Description Book Condition: New. Brand New Paperback International Edition.We Ship to PO BOX Address also. EXPEDITED shipping option also available for faster delivery. Bookseller Inventory # AUSBNEW-34768
Book Description Book Condition: Brand New. New, SoftCover International edition. Different ISBN and Cover image but contents are same as US edition. Excellent Customer Service. Bookseller Inventory # ABEUSA-131653
Book Description John Wiley & Sons. PAPERBACK. Book Condition: New. 0470128712 New Condition. Bookseller Inventory # NEW7.0175899
Book Description John Wiley and#38; Sons, 2008. PAP. Book Condition: New. New Book. Shipped from UK in 4 to 14 days. Established seller since 2000. Bookseller Inventory # FW-9780470128718
Book Description Wiley 2008-08-15, Hoboken, NJ, 2008. paperback. Book Condition: New. Bookseller Inventory # 9780470128718
Book Description John Wiley & Sons, 2008. Paperback. Book Condition: New. Never used!. Bookseller Inventory # P110470128712