This specific ISBN edition is currently not available.View all copies of this ISBN edition:
The trusted guide to the statistical methods for quality control.
Quality control and improvement is more than an engineering concern. Quality has become a major business strategy for increasing productivity and gaining competitive advantage. Introduction to Statistical Quality Control, Sixth Edition gives you a sound understanding of the principles of statistical quality control (SQC) and how to apply them in a variety of situations for quality control and improvement.
With this text, you'll learn how to apply state-of-the-art techniques for statistical process monitoring and control, design experiments for process characterization and optimization, conduct process robustness studies, and implement quality management techniques.
You'll appreciate the significant updates in the Sixth Edition including:
* In-depth attention to DMAIC, the problem-solving strategy of Six Sigma. It will give you an excellent framework to use in conducting quality improvement projects.
* New examples that illustrate applications of statistical quality improvement techniques in non-manufacturing settings. Many examples and exercises are based on real data.
* New developments in the area of measurement systems analysis
* New features of Minitab V15 incorporated into the text
* Numerous new examples, exercises, problems, and techniques to enhance your absorption of the material
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
Douglas C. Montgomery is Professor of Engineering and Statistics at Arizona State University. He received his B.S., M.S., and Ph.D. degrees from Virginia Polytechnic Institute, all in engineering. The author and coauthor of many technical papers and twelve other books. Dr. Montgomery is a Fellow of the American Society for Quality, the American Statistical Association, the Royal Statistical Society, the Institute of Industrial Engineers, and an Elected member of the International Statistical Institute.
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Somerset, New Jersey, U.S.A.: John Wiley & Sons Inc, 2008. Soft cover. Condition: New. Ship out 1 business day,Brand new,Free tracking number usually 2-4 biz days delivery to worldwide Same shipping fee with US, Canada,Europe country, Australia, item will ship out from either LA or Asia n. Seller Inventory # ABE-12319360140
Book Description Wiley, 2008. Paperback. Condition: New. Never used!. Seller Inventory # P110470233974
Book Description Wiley, 2008. Condition: New. book. Seller Inventory # M0470233974
Book Description WILEY, 2008. Paperback. Condition: New. Seller Inventory # HP-9780470233979