Attempting to bring a new perspective to the teaching of financial statement analysis, this text aims to help students to develop both an understanding of the data provided by financial statements and the analytical techniques necessary to evaluate a firm's performance.
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
A comprehensive survey of theoretical and analytical issues to demonstrate the use of actual financial statement data including the latest developments in financial reporting. Features a comparative assessment of U.S. and international reporting requirements using their financial statements to illustrate essential differences. End-of-chapter material and problems are derived from annual reports of U.S. firms and, where appropriate, foreign companies.From the Back Cover:
THE ANALYSIS AND USE OF FINANCIAL STATEMENTS, THIRD EDITION integrates accounting economic theory, and empirical research to provide a framework for financial statement analysis in a user-oriented context. Co-written by academics and practitioners, this is the only text that reaches students to first understand how financial statements are generated. Principles of analysis are then illustrated through the extensive use of actual corporate financial statements.
* NEW cases have been added to the web size to develop students' research and analytical skills.
* Accounting Standards (US and International) have been updated to reflect the latest pronouncements.
* Real companies used to illustrate financial analysis techniques.
* End-of-chapter problem material based on US and non - US financial statements such as Holmen, Roche & Takada Chemical.
* Comprehensive coverage of financial statement analysis tools and techniques.
* Companion Web site which includes annual reports of companies featured in the third edition, appendices, cases, plus updates for new financial accounting standards.
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description John Wiley & Sons Inc, 1994. Paperback. Book Condition: New. Never used!. Bookseller Inventory # P110471011657
Book Description John Wiley & Sons Inc. PAPERBACK. Book Condition: New. 0471011657 New Condition. Bookseller Inventory # NEW7.1947648