This specific ISBN edition is currently not available.View all copies of this ISBN edition:
The first book on the subject written by a practitioner for practitioners. Geotechnical Instrumentation for Monitoring Field Performance Geotechnical Instrumentation for Monitoring Field Performance goes far beyond a mere summary of the technical literature and manufacturers#146; brochures: it guides readers through the entire geotechnical instrumentation process, showing them when to monitor safety and performance, and how to do it well. This comprehensive guide:
* Describes the critical steps of planning monitoring programs using geotechnical instrumentation, including what benefits can be achieved and how construction specifications should be written
* Describes and evaluates monitoring methods and recommends instruments for monitoring groundwater pressure, deformations, total stress in soil, stress change in rock, temperature, and load and strain in structural members
* Offers detailed practical guidelines on instrument calibrations, installation and maintenance, and on the collection, processing, and interpretation of instrumentation data
* Describes the role of geotechnical instrumentation during the construction and operation phases of civil engineering projects, including braced excavations, embankments on soft ground, embankment dams, excavated and natural slopes, underground excavations, driving piles, and drilled shafts
* Provides guidelines throughout the book on the best practices
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
JOHN DUNNICLIFF is a geotechnical instrumentation specialist who has served as a consulting engineer on numerous projects both in the U.S. and overseas. He received master's degrees in soil mechanics and foundation engineering from Oxford and Harvard Universities, respectively.
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Wiley-Interscience, 1988. Hardcover. Condition: New. Never used!. Seller Inventory # P110471096148
Book Description Wiley-Interscience, 1988. Condition: New. book. Seller Inventory # M0471096148