Complete,up-to-date,practical . . . Your total guide to all things Ethernet
Packed with valuable up-to-date information, this indispensable Ethernet reference addresses the technical, management, and financial issues involved in planning, implementing, maintaining, and upgrading Ethernet networks. Drawing on his extensive experience in the field, Gil Held provides detailed, step-by-step guidance on the use of new technologies such as switching hubs, routers, and multimedia networks. And he provides invaluable insights into the new generation of Ethernet networks, including all three versions of Fast Ethernet—isoENET, 100VG-AnyLAN, and 100BASE-T.
The most timely, comprehensive, and practical book on the subject, Ethernet Networks:
The thoroughly revised and updated version of Gil Held's classic, Ethernet Networks, is a must read for any LAN team that works with an Ethernet Network or is considering creating one.
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
The new generation of Ethernet networks can perform as fast as ATM and cost about a quarter of the price. A prolific author of computer books provides a detailed introduction to LAN technology, describes the operation of each type of Ethernet network and discusses LAN performance. This expanded and updated edition is the most comprehensive on the subject and covers new topics including switching hubs, routers and the Ethernet's role in multimedia networks. Contains over 100 charts, tables, halftones and diagrams.From the Back Cover:
Ethernet Networks, Fourth Edition, provides everything you need to know to plan, implement, manage and upgrade Ethernet networks.
* Improve your skills in employing Ethernet hubs, switches, and routers.
* Learn how to set up and operate a wireless Local Area Network (LAN).
* Discover how to extend a wired Ethernet via wireless LANs.
* Understand cabling standards and the role of NEXT (Near End Crosstalk), FEXT (Far End Crosstalk) and other transmission parameters.
* Profit from Gilbert Held's tips and tricks on enhancing security
......and much more.
This indispensable resource features up-to-date coverage of:
* wireless Ethernet (IEEE802.11 standards)
* 10Gbps Ethernet
* firewalls in both a wired and wireless environment
* AAA (authentication, authorization and accounting)
* the operation of new versions of Windows(r) on Ethernet LANs
* the use of LAN switches at and above layer 2 in the ISO reference model
* copper and fiber optic cable to transport high speed Ethernet.
Network planners, administrators, and system engineers working with Ethernet networks will find Ethernet Networks, Fourth Edition, an invaluable tool for implementing, updating, and managing their networks.
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Wiley, 1996. Paperback. Book Condition: New. book. Bookseller Inventory # M047112706X