This specific ISBN edition is currently not available.View all copies of this ISBN edition:
How to shield your assets from creditors and other claimants.
You've worked long and hard for your assets, from your business and home to hard-earned savings and investments. To safeguard them--particularly against liability suits, "America's number one indoor sport"--A Guide to Asset Protection offers proven strategies to help you keep what you may have spent a lifetime earning.
Written by an attorney who specializes in tax-, estate-, and asset protection planning, this indispensable reference is filled with sound advice and practical tips on how to avoid the litigation jungle, as well as revealing insight on how creditors find and get at your assets. Actual case histories and model agreements steer you through the essentials, including:
* Protection through trusts--irrevocable trusts and gift taxes, life insurance trusts, foreign asset protection trusts (FAPTs).
* Fraudulent conveyances--the laws of fraudulent transfers, what fraudulent conveyance is (and is not).
* Asset protection for married couples--separate and community property, transmutation agreements.
* Using family limited partnerships--limited liability companies.
* Employing qualified retirement plans--anti-alienation rule, nonqualified retirement plans, individual retirement accounts (IRAs).
* Filing bankruptcy to protect your assets--dischargeable taxes, pre-bankruptcy planning, Chapter 7 and Chapter 13.
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
ROBERT F. KLUEGER is an attorney specializing in tax and asset protection planning. A member of the California, New York, and Colorado bars who is admitted to practice in the United States Supreme Court and the United States Tax Court, he is the author of Buying and Selling a Business and Mergers and Acquisitions. Mr. Klueger practices law in Encino, California.
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Wiley, 1996. Hardcover. Condition: New. Never used!. Seller Inventory # P110471148865
Book Description Wiley, 1996. Condition: New. book. Seller Inventory # M0471148865
Book Description Wiley, 1996. Hardcover. Condition: New. 1. Seller Inventory # DADAX0471148865