This specific ISBN edition is currently not available.View all copies of this ISBN edition:
Now with even more examples with real data, real-world applications, and computer exercise, the Fourth Edition of this accessible text prepares you for situations you're likely to encounter as a professionakl engineer.
Together with new co-authors David Goldsman and Connie Borror, William Hines and Douglas Montgomery have refined their highly effective pedagogical framework to make their text even more user friendly. This Fourth Edition also features a new chapter on statistical methods for computer situation, as well exceptionally clear statistical coverage, expanded discussions of quiality control, experimental design, and different types of interval estimation, and coverage of such special topics as nonparametric statistics, p-values in hypothetical testing, and residual analysis.
Highlights of the Fourth Edition:
* New examples and applications provide a real-world perspective on how engineers use probability and statistics in professional practice.
* Over 600 exercises, including many new computation problems, provide opportunities for hands-on learning.
* An entirely new chapter on statistical methods for computer simulation methods covers Monte Carlo experimentation, random number and variate generation, and simulation output data analysis.
* New chapter organization starts with probability theory and progresses through random variables, discrete and continuous distributions, and normal distribution, before introducing statistics and data description techniques.
* Each chapter starts with an introduction that describes the importance of the topic and features interesting historical information related to the topic.
* End-of-chapter summaries reinforce the main topics and goals of the chapter.
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Wiley, 2003. Hardcover. Condition: New. Brand New!. Seller Inventory # VIB0471240877
Book Description Wiley. Condition: new. Seller Inventory # think0471240877
Book Description Wiley, 2003. Hardcover. Condition: New. Never used!. Seller Inventory # P110471240877
Book Description Wiley, 2003. Hardcover. Condition: New. 4. Seller Inventory # DADAX0471240877
Book Description Somerset, New Jersey, U.S.A.: John Wiley & Sons Inc, 2003. Hardcover. Condition: New. 4th Edition. Ship out 1-2 business day,Brand new,US edition, Free tracking number usually 2-4 biz days delivery to worldwide Same shipping fee with US, Canada,Europe country, Australia, item will ship out from either LA or Asia, e. Seller Inventory # ABE-5388766933
Book Description Condition: New. New. Seller Inventory # SX-9780471240877
Book Description Condition: New. New. Seller Inventory # EX-0471240877
Book Description Condition: New. New. US edition. Perfect condition. Customer satisfaction our priority. Seller Inventory # ABE-SEP-46767
Book Description Condition: Brand New. New. US edition. Customer Satisfaction guaranteed!!. Seller Inventory # SHUB46767
Book Description Condition: Brand New. New. US edition. Excellent Customer Service. Seller Inventory # ABEUSASEP19-46767