This specific ISBN edition is currently not available.View all copies of this ISBN edition:
"A comprehensive, thoughtful, and detailed book that will be of inestimable value to anyone struggling with the complex details of designing, building, and maintaining an enterprise-wide decision support system. Highly recommended." -Robert S. Craig, Vice President, Application Architectures, Hurwitz Group, Inc.
In his bestselling book, The Data Warehouse Toolkit, Ralph Kimball showed you how to use dimensional modeling to design effective and usable data warehouses. Now, he carries these techniques to the larger issues of delivering complete data marts and data warehouses. Drawing upon their experiences with numerous data warehouse implementations, he and his coauthors show you all the practical details involved in planning, designing, developing, deploying, and growing data warehouses. Important topics include:
* The Business Dimensional Lifecycle(TM) approach to data warehouse project planning and management
* Techniques for gathering requirements more effectively and efficiently
* Advanced dimensional modeling techniques to capture the most complex business rules
* The Data Warehouse Bus Architecture and other approaches for integrating data marts into super-flexible data warehouses
* A framework for creating your technical architecture
* Techniques for minimizing the risks involved with data staging
* Aggregations and other effective ways to boost data warehouse performance
* Cutting-edge, Internet-based data warehouse security techniques
The CD-ROM supplies you with:
* Complete data warehouse project plan tasks and responsibilities
* A set of sample models that demonstrate the Bus Architecture
* Blank versions of the templates and tools described in the book
* Checklists to use at key points in the project
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
In The Data Warehouse Lifecycle Toolkit, authors Ralph Kimball, Laura Reeves, Margy Ross, and Warren Thornthwaite present a structure for undertaking the awesome task of implementing a data warehouse. As part of a rather select group of professionals actually experienced in building data warehouses, the authors attempt to convey their expertise about how to approach the job. The book focuses on the "Star Lifecycle"--a high-level project-planning approach to evolving existing information systems into an ever-changing data-warehouse solution. --Stephen PlainFrom the Publisher:
Ralph Kimball's bestselling The Data Warehouse Toolkit explained how to design data warehouses using the dimensional modeling technique he developed. This perfect complement to that book shows how dimensional design fits in the overall lifecycle of planning, designing, developing, and deploying data marts and data warehouses. Based on the real experiences of four leading data warehouse developers and offering timely case studies, this book provides developers with the fine details on how to master each step in the process. It also covers how to design data marts that are well integrated with the overall data warehouse design.
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Wiley, 1998. Paperback. Condition: New. Seller Inventory # DADAX0471255475
Book Description Paperback. Condition: New. New, Softcover International Edition, Printed in Black and White, Only USPS Media mail Shipping ONLY, Different ISBN, Same Content As US edition, Book Cover may be Different, in English Language. Seller Inventory # 12990
Book Description Wiley, 1998. Condition: New. book. Seller Inventory # M0471255475
Book Description Wiley, 1998. Paperback. Condition: New. Never used!. Seller Inventory # P110471255475
Book Description Wiley. PAPERBACK. Condition: New. 0471255475 New Condition. Seller Inventory # NEW99.0246210
Book Description Condition: New. New. Seller Inventory # STRM-0471255475
Book Description Wiley, 1998. Paperback. Condition: New. Ships with Tracking Number! INTERNATIONAL WORLDWIDE Shipping available. Buy with confidence, excellent customer service!. Seller Inventory # 0471255475n
Book Description John Wiley & Sons. Condition: New. pp. 800. Seller Inventory # 7576709