This specific ISBN edition is currently not available.View all copies of this ISBN edition:
A complete guide to designing and using frameworks for Java applications.
Java(TM) Application Frameworks.
Application frameworks are a major leap forward in systems design and software reusability. Java has provided an enormous foundation upon which highly reusable components and applications can be built successfully. Building object-oriented systems is complex. Building highly reusable frameworks and components is even more challenging. This book substantially reduces the application frameworks' learning curve. Expert Darren Govoni follows a natural progression, from concept, to practice, to implementation. Building on examples of existing frameworks, he walks you through all the steps involved in designing frameworks, and provides guidelines on how to use frameworks within large architectures and systems.
Important topics covered include:
* Basic framework concepts and design techniques.
* Using 8 design patterns-illustrated with UML-for framework design and implementation.
* Constructing JavaBean components as the building blocks for a reusableframework .
* A complete discussion of two powerful Java frameworks-Java Foundation Classes (JFC/Swing) and InfoBus-and how they adhere to the important traits found in good frameworks: proper use of abstraction through interfaces and abstract classes, substitution of application objects, extension or enhancement of key objects within the framework through abstract and default implementations.
* How to manage complexity and reusability with abstracted foundations.
* A complete methodology and architecture-Composite Foundation Architecture-for organizing and developing frameworks, components, and subsystems within a larger complex system.
* Key considerations for developing frameworks within distributed architectures, including data access, GUIs, business objects, and distributed objects using JDBC, JFC, and RMI.
* How to use enterprise frameworks such as Enterprise JavaBeans and CORBA (via Java IDL) to access, retrieve, and store information across a network.
Visit the Companion Web site at www.wiley.com/compbooks/govoni/ for:
* Source code from the application objects presented in this book.
* Links to more information on frameworks.
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
DARREN GOVONI is a senior engineer at FGM, Inc. in Herndon, Virginia where he provides support and research for gov-ernment and Department of Defense projects and contracts. His research activities focus on complex adaptive systems and fractal architectures as well as mobile agents, framework components, and highly-distributed systems. Mr. Govoni was the lead speaker and organizer for the Java Frameworks mid-year workshop for OOPSLA '98.
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Somerset, New Jersey, U.S.A.: John Wiley & Sons Inc, 1999. Soft cover. Condition: New. Ship out 1-2 business day,Brand new,US edition, Free tracking number usually 2-4 biz days delivery to worldwide Same shipping fee with US, Canada,Europe country, Australia, item will ship out from either LA or Asia,ht. Seller Inventory # ABE-7766598100