A new, millennium edition of the classic treatment of chemical thermodynamics Widely recognized for half a century for its first-rate, logical introduction to phenomenological thermodynamics, this classic work is now thoroughly revised for the new millennium. The Sixth Edition continues to cover the fundamentals and methods of thermodynamics with exceptional vigor and clarity, while incorporating many new developments. Up-to-date examples are carefully gleaned from the literature for their practical interest to chemists, biochemists, geologists, chemical engineers, and materials scientists. Chemical Thermodynamics: Basic Theory and Methods, Sixth Edition provides readers with clear explanations of essential chemistry, mathematics, and the latest computational tools. Additional new features include:
* Liberal reference to Web-based resources and databases
* Extensive tables of thermodynamic data organized by source
* High-quality exercises with a separate student manual available for solutions to alternate problems
* Simple methods for the calculation of partial molar functions from experimental data
* Expanded and revised chapters containing discussion of excess thermodynamic functions, a treatment of the Second Law and Equilibrium on the basis of the Planck function as well as the Gibbs function, and treatment of real gases in terms of the Redlich-Kwong equation
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
IRVING M. KLOTZ, PhD, is Morrison Professor Emeritus, Northwestern University, Evanston, Illinois.
ROBERT M. ROSENBERG, PhD, is currently a visiting professor of chemistry at Northwestern University.
"This is a very good book, in terms of both conception and execution...best suited to a first graduate course or an advance undergraduate course in thermodynamics." (Journal of Chemical Education, Vol. 78, No. 6, June 2001)
"The emphasis is on training the student in the application of the theory of thermodynamics...The mathematical tools are considered in detail." (SciTech Book News, Vol. 24, No. 4, December 2000)
"It is difficult to find another text that has the subject qualities of Professors Klotz's and Rosenberg's textbook. I am pleased to recommend this heartily this exceptionally clearly written, masterfully organised and exclusively produced millennium edition for graduate students as well as experts in the field of physical chemistry..." (Jnl of Thermal Analysis & Calorimetry, Vol 63, 2001)
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Wiley-Interscience. Hardcover. Book Condition: New. 0471331074 New Condition. Bookseller Inventory # NEW7.1113110
Book Description Wiley-Interscience, 2000. Hardcover. Book Condition: New. Never used!. Bookseller Inventory # P110471331074