An updated edition of the classic reference on the dynamics of road and off-road vehicles
As we enter a new millennium, the vehicle industry faces greater challenges than ever before as it strives to meet the increasing demand for safer, environmentally friendlier, more energy efficient, and lower emissions products. Theory of Ground Vehicles, Third Edition gives aspiring and practicing engineers a fundamental understanding of the critical factors affecting the performance, handling, and ride essential to the development and design of ground vehicles that meet these requirements.
As in previous editions, this book focuses on applying engineering principles to the analysis of vehicle behavior. A large number of practical examples and problems are included throughout to help readers bridge the gap between theory and practice.
Covering a wide range of topics concerning the dynamics of road and off-road vehicles, this Third Edition is filled with up-to-date information, including:
* The Magic Formula for characterizing pneumatic tire behavior from test data for vehicle handling simulations
* Computer-aided methods for performance and design evaluation of off-road vehicles, based on the author's own research
* Updated data on road vehicle transmissions and operating fuel economy
* Fundamentals of road vehicle stability control
* Optimization of the performance of four-wheel-drive off-road vehicles and experimental substantiation, based on the author's own investigations
* A new theory on skid-steering of tracked vehicles, developed by the author.
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
J. Y. WONG, PhD, DSc, is Professor Emeritus and Distinguished Research Professor in the Department of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering, Carleton University, Ottawa, Canada. Internationally recognized in the field of road and off-road vehicle dynamics, he is also the author of Terramechanics and Off-Road Vehicles and is a member of the editorial boards of a number of international journals. He has received numerous awards from learned societies for his research.
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Wiley-Interscience, 2001. Hardcover. Book Condition: New. Never used!. Bookseller Inventory # P110471354619
Book Description Hardcover. Book Condition: New. Ship out 1 business day,Brand new,US edition, express shipping 2-4 biz days delivery to worldwide Same shipping fee with US, Canada,Europe country, Australia, item will ship out from either LA or Asia. Bookseller Inventory # ABE-6370026738
Book Description Wiley-Interscience, 2001. Hardcover. Book Condition: New. book. Bookseller Inventory # M0471354619
Book Description Wiley-Interscience. Hardcover. Book Condition: New. 0471354619 New Condition. Bookseller Inventory # NEW7.1113280