This specific ISBN edition is currently not available.View all copies of this ISBN edition:
This book emphasizes the practical application emphasizes of the subject to the analysis and design of feedback systems. The problems and Matlab coverage have made it one of the most popular books on the market.
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
Motivate Students with Real-World Control Systems Emphasizing the practical application of control systems engineering, this 3rd edition with its updated contents will motivate students to learn how to analyze and design feedback control systems that support today's advanced technology. Motivation is obtained through clear and complete explanations of how to design real-world systems. Topics are presented in a logical and progressive way that builds and supports understanding. Whenever possible, new concepts are first presented from a qualitative perspective to help students gain the insight needed to develop sound designs. Next, a detailed discussion of quantitative tools gives readers the ability to design parameters and configurations for systems they will encounter during their career. And with the use of MATLAB(r), students will find out how to apply the latest computer methods to the analysis and design of control systems. Key Features of the Third Edition
* Case studies, using the same system progressively, are integrated throughout the text to provide students with a realistic view of each stage of the control system design process.
* A methodology with clearly defined steps is presented for each type of design problem.
* Numerous in-chapter examples and skill-assessment exercises, as well as end-of-chapter review questions and problems, including a progressive analysis and design problem that uses the same system, are provided.
* An introduction to state-space methods of analysis and design is included. These sections are clearly marked and can be taught along with classical methods, taught separately, or skipped without loss of continuity.
* Tutorials are provided on how to use MATLAB(r), the Control System Toolbox, Simulink(r), and the Symbolic Math Toolbox to analyze and design control systems. Also included are tutorials on how to use two MATLAB(r) graphical user interface (GUI) design and analysis tools - the LTI Viewer and the Root Locus Design GUI. All tutorials and MATLAB(r) code are contained in the text's appendices so as not to detract from the teaching of control systems engineering principles. References to these appendices are provided at appropriate places in the text.
* An accompanying CD-ROM provides valuable additional material, such as stand-alone computer applications, electronic files of the text's computer programs for use with MATLAB(r), additional appendices, and solutions to skill-assessment exercises.
* Illustrations from the book in the form of electronic files are available at http://www.wiley.com/college/nise
Norman S. Nise
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
(No Available Copies)
If you know the book but cannot find it on AbeBooks, we can automatically search for it on your behalf as new inventory is added. If it is added to AbeBooks by one of our member booksellers, we will notify you!Create a Want