James Nelson and Jack McCormac presnet elementary analysis methods and principles along with the latest computational software, so you can develop a thorough understanding of both the behavior of structural systems under load and the toolks engineers use to anlyze those systems. You'll explore both statically determinate and statically inderterminate structures, and gain valuable experience with professional software, such as SAP2000. Throughout the text, hands-on examples and problems illustrate key concepts and give you the opportunity to apply what you've learned.
Highlight of the Third Edition
* Improved and expanded examples provide greater clarity.
* A CD, packaged with this text, includes the educational version of SAP2000 structural analysis software.
* The data files for the computer examples worked using SAP2000 are now included on the CD-ROM.
* The authors use matrix notation and methods of equation solving in many examples to facilitate solving the equations.
* Expanded chapters on matrix methods for structural analysis now include a finite element formulation.
* Extensively revised chapters on Reactions, Shearing Force and Bending Moment, Deflection and Angles Changes, and Energy Method for Statically Indeterminate Structures reflect current thinking and needs.
* Updated coverage of Structural Loads and System Loading and Behavior includes the provisions of ASCE 7-98 and reference to the IBC 2000 building code.
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
Jack C. McCormac is Alumni Distinguished Professor o Civil Engineering, Emeritus at Clemson University. He holds a BS in civil engineering from the Citadel, an MS in civil engineering from Massachusetts Institute of Technology, and a Doctor of Letters from Clemson University. His contributions to engineering education and the engineering profession have been recognized by many, including the American Society for Engineering Education, the American Institute of Steel Construction, and the American Concrete Institute. Professor McCormac was included in the International Who's Who in Engineering, and was named by the Engineering News-Record as one of the top 125 engineers or architects in the world in the last 125 years for his contributions to the construction industry. He was one of only two educators living in the world today to receive this honor.
Professor McCormac belongs to the American Society of Civil Engineers and served as the principal civil engineering grader for the National Council of Examiners for Engineering and Surveying for many years.
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Wiley, 2003. Hardcover. Book Condition: New. Never used!. Bookseller Inventory # P110471402737
Book Description John Wiley & Sons. Book Condition: New. pp. xiv + 525. Bookseller Inventory # 7582672
Book Description Wiley, 2003. Hardcover. Book Condition: New. 3. Bookseller Inventory # DADAX0471402737