This specific ISBN edition is currently not available.View all copies of this ISBN edition:
In this new text, the author blends accessible coverage of quantitative methods with engaging qualitative topics. Meaningful examples clearly illustrate the logic and analytical thought process of modeling, and behavioral analysis is included in the use and implementation of analytical models. With a unique chapter of plant tours early in the book, students get a real-world, practical orientation throughout the text.
* "On the Job" boxes- profiles of people in professions outside of operations who use operations management concepts daily- demonstrate the importance of Operations management to non-majors.
* Quantitative and qualitative issues are fully integrated. Extended examples and real-world cases show students the range of analysis needed to manage, and how these tools are complementary rather than mutually exclusive.
* Four different Plant Tours- including both manufacturing and service operations- show students real production systems in action.
* "In Good Company" boxes demonstrate the importance of operations management in real companies.
* The coverage is state-of-the-art throughout, including Lean Production. Just-in-time production, EDI, concurrent engineering and cellular production. Sections on ecological implications are included in several chapters.
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
Joseph Martinich has taught operations management for 12 years to majors and nonmajors. This book will motivate non-operations management majors to learn about the field and apply it to business and engineering professions. It integrates quantitative and qualitative issues, combating math anxiety while teaching the foundations of the discipline. Quantitative topics are made accessible, focusing on how they work rather than presenting them in the abstract. It includes almost every topic traditionally taught in operations management courses, giving professors greater flexibility.Review:
Solutions Manual and Instructor's Resource Guide available. -- The publisher, John Wiley & Sons
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Condition: Brand New. PAPERBACK,Book Condition New, International Edition. We Do not Ship APO FPO AND PO BOX. Cover Image & ISBN may be different from US edition but contents as US Edition. Printing in English language.NO CD AND ACCESS CODE. Quick delivery by USPS/UPS/DHL/FEDEX/ARAMEX ,Customer satisfaction guaranteed. We may ship the books from Asian regions for inventory purpose. Seller Inventory # ABEIBC$$%5045
Book Description PAPERBACK. Condition: new. Cover Image & ISBN may be different from US edition but contents as US Edition.NO CD AND ACCESS CODE. We may ship the books from Asian regions for inventory purpose. Printing in English language. We Do not Ship APO FPO AND PO BOX. Seller Inventory # 45906
Book Description Paperback. Condition: New. international. This is an International edition, ISBN and Cover image may different from US edition, Contents same as US edition Excellent Customer Service. Seller Inventory # 17461
Book Description Paperback. Condition: New. New, Softcover International Edition, Printed in Black and White, Only USPS Media mail Shipping ONLY, Different ISBN, Same Content As US edition, Book Cover may be Different, in English Language. Seller Inventory # 12859
Book Description Wiley, 1996. Hardcover. Condition: New. Never used!. Seller Inventory # P110471546321
Book Description Wiley, 1996. Condition: New. book. Seller Inventory # M0471546321
Book Description Wiley, 1996. Hardcover. Condition: New. 1. Ships with Tracking Number! INTERNATIONAL WORLDWIDE Shipping available. Buy with confidence, excellent customer service!. Seller Inventory # 0471546321n