This specific ISBN edition is currently not available.View all copies of this ISBN edition:
Completely Revised and Redesigned For Today's Students Since 1960, this leading text has taught thousands of students the fundamentals of non rigid body mechanics. Now, the new author team of Riley, Sturges, and Morris have revised the text to appeal to today's students by updating the illustration program, adding design content, and including more realistic problem sets. The fifth edition is written in a clear and concise style and contains new illustrations throughout each chapter. The text stresses the use of fundamental principles and the concepts of mechanics to solve all problems. As a result, students must apply the information presented in each chapter to answer realistic problems instead of simply using formulas. This problem solving method motivates students to learn the material because they see how it is used in the real world. New Features of the Fifth Edition
* A new introductory chapter containing a "Review of Statics" has been included.
* Chapter 2 is reorganized to conform with the greater use of the stress transformation and principal stress equations in engineering practice.
* Numerous example problems are used to show methods of analysis for typical mechanics of materials problems. Hints have been added to most of these example problems to help students understand the thought process required for their solution.
* Each chapter concludes with a section on design.
* Design Example problems and Design Homework problems have been added to most chapters.
* There are over 1300 homework problems, many of which require the use of the computer for their solution.
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Wiley, 1998. Condition: New. book. Seller Inventory # M0471586447
Book Description Paperback. Condition: New. Softcover Book, New Condition, Fast Shipping. Ready in Stock. 5th Edition. [Please Read Carefully Before Buying], This Is An International Edition. Printed In Black and White. , Book Cover And ISBN No May Be Different From US Edition. Restricted Sales Disclaimer Wordings Not For Sales In USA And Canada May Be Printed On The Cover Of The Book. Standard Shipping 7-14 Business Days. Expedited Shiping 4-8 Business Days. ***WE DO NOT ENTERTAIN BULK ORDERS.*** The Books May Be Ship From Overseas For Inventory Purpose. Seller Inventory # 436998
Book Description Wiley, 1998. Hardcover. Condition: New. 5. Seller Inventory # DADAX0471586447
Book Description Paperback. Condition: New. New, Softcover International Edition, Printed in Black and White, Only USPS Media mail Shipping ONLY, Different ISBN, Same Content As US edition, Book Cover may be Different, in English Language. Seller Inventory # 4810
Book Description Wiley, 1998. Hardcover. Condition: New. Never used!. Seller Inventory # P110471586447
Book Description Wiley. Hardcover. Condition: New. 0471586447 New Condition. Seller Inventory # NEW7.1114870