Think like a programmer!
Now updated to integrate Java 5.0, Cay Horstmann's Java Concepts, Fourth Edition provides an up-to-date, highly effective, and accessible introduction to the Java language and a solid grounding in fundamental computer science concepts. Drawing on his many years of experience as a career programmer and teacher, Horstmann will inspire you to think like a programmer and develop the problem-solving skills you need to succeed in your course and future career.
* Updated coverage to integrate Java 5.0. The text can still be used with older versions of Java.
* An approach that goes beyond language syntax to focus on computer science concepts and problem solving. The text encourages you to think as a problem solver and equips you with the tools you need to design efficient and successful programs.
* Review of Chapters 2 and 3 shows a gradual and student-friendly approach that is a Horstmann trademark.
* Horstmann provides extras like Quality Tips and Productivity Hints that give the user an inside track on the material. As always, there is a strong emphasis on the pragmatic and practical aspects of programming.
* Carefully developed problems and easy-to-understand examples. Java Concepts is loaded with exercises and examples, and you can find the code for examples online.
* The Programming Style Guide. Available online, the Programming Style Guide helps you develop a consistent style for all of your programming projects.
* New to this edition is an accessible and colorful text layout that helps you find the information that you need when you need it.
Other books by Cay Horstmann
Big Java, Second Edition, 0-471-70615-9
Object-Oriented Design and Patterns, 0-471-31966-X
Big C++ (with Timothy Budd), 0-471-47063-5
Computing Concepts with C++ Essentials, Third Edition, 0-471-16437-2
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
This unique book teaches you the fundamental concepts of good computer programming while introducing you to one of the most powerful languages in use today--Java! It gives you an ideal balance between programming concepts and the details of Java. Rather than exhaustively cover the entire language, the author focuses on a subset of Java--a lean and practical core that is manageable, yet detailed enough to create powerful Java applets. And as you master the basics of Java, you'll be developing solid programming skills that will increase your effectiveness no matter which language you work with! Includes a wealth of practical advice, tips, and reference material.About the Author:
Cay Horstmann is a professor of Computer Science at San Jose State University and is the Vice President of Technology at Preview Systems. Cay's Java texts have sold over 100,000 copies. When he is not teaching, writing books or code, he is responding to email: firstname.lastname@example.org
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Wiley, 2005. Paperback. Book Condition: New. book. Bookseller Inventory # M0471697044
Book Description Wiley, 2005. Paperback. Book Condition: New. Never used!. Bookseller Inventory # P110471697044
Book Description Book Condition: Brand New. Brand New Original US Edition, Perfect Condition. Printed in English. Excellent Quality, Service and customer satisfaction guaranteed!. Bookseller Inventory # AIND-26780
Book Description Book Condition: New. New. US edition. Perfect condition. Customer satisfaction our priority. Bookseller Inventory # ABE-FEB-46730
Book Description Book Condition: Brand New. New. US edition. Customer Satisfaction guaranteed!!. Bookseller Inventory # SHUB46730
Book Description Book Condition: New. Brand New Original US Edition.We Ship to PO BOX Address also. EXPEDITED shipping option also available for faster delivery. Bookseller Inventory # AUSBNEW-26780
Book Description Book Condition: Brand New. New, US edition. Excellent Customer Service. Bookseller Inventory # ABEUSA-46730
Book Description Wiley. PAPERBACK. Book Condition: New. 0471697044 New Condition. Bookseller Inventory # NEW7.0186285
Book Description Wiley, 2005. Paperback. Book Condition: New. 4. Bookseller Inventory # DADAX0471697044
Book Description Wiley. PAPERBACK. Book Condition: New. 0471697044 Brand New Book in Perfect Condition.Fast Shipping with tracking number. Bookseller Inventory # KEDA-DBSPD-08063