This specific ISBN edition is currently not available.View all copies of this ISBN edition:
Reach for a higher measure of success
An information technology project can be on time and within budget, but that doesn't mean it will be successful. The real measure of success is the value that the project delivers to the organization.
Now revised, this Second Edition of Jack Marchewka's Information Technology Project Management focuses on how to create Measurable Organizational Value (MOV) through IT projects. The author uses the concept of MOV to create a solid foundation for making decisions throughout the project's lifecycle and for integrating project management and IT concepts, tools, and techniques.
Highlights of the Second Edition
* New Chapter 12 on Project Procurement Management and Outsourcing.
* New Chapter 13 on Project Leadership, Ethics, and Multicultural Projects.
* Takes you through the different phases of the project life cycle, and introduces the concepts and tools that are appropriate for each specific phase of the project.
* Incorporates nine areas outlined in the Project Management Institute's Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK) into the basic concepts associated with information systems management and software engineering.
* Chapter-opening vignettes, which comprise a continuing case about Husky Air (an air charter company), describe situations faced by project managers and teams undertaking IT projects.
* Chapters feature integrated hands-on case assignments.
* Includes a trial version of MS Project(TM).
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
Jack T. Marchewka is an associate professor, the Barsema Professor of Management Information Systems, and the director of the Business Information Technology Transfer Center (BITTC) at Northern Illinois University. He received his Ph.D. from Georgia State University's department of Computer Information Systems in 1994 and was a former faculty member at Kennesaw State University. Prior to entering academia, Dr. Marchewka was a vice president of MIS for a healthcare company in Atlanta, Georgia.
Dr. Marchewka has taught a number of courses at both the undergraduate and graduate levels and has been a guest lecturer at the Rotterdam School of Management, Erasmus University in the Netherlands. His articles have appeared in journals such as Information Resources Management Journal, Information Technology & People, Journal of International Information Management, and Journal of Informatics Education and Research.
"...a highly recommended textbook for an undergraduate course." (Journal of the Operational Research Society, September, 2008)
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Condition: New. New. Seller Inventory # M-0471715395
Book Description John Wiley & Sons, Inc., Hoboken, NJ, 2006. Hardcover. Condition: New. 2nd Edition. Brand New in shrinkwrap Quantity Available: 1. Shipped Weight: Under 1 kilo. ISBN: 0471715395. ISBN/EAN: 9780471715399. Pictures of this item not already displayed here available upon request. Inventory No: 1560795548. Seller Inventory # 1560795548