This specific ISBN edition is currently not available.View all copies of this ISBN edition:
* More Motivation - A completely revised chapter 1 gets students motivated right from the beginning.
* Revised Probability Topics - The authors have revised and enhanced probability topics to promote even easier understanding.
* Chapter Reorganization - Chapters on hypothesis testing and confidence intervals have been reorganized and rewritten. There is now expanded treatment of confidence intervals, prediction intervals, and tolerance intervals.
* Real Engineering Applications - Treatment of all topics is oriented towards real engineering applications. In the probability chapters, the authors do not emphasize counting methods or artificial applications such as gambling.
* Real Data, Real Engineering Situations - Examples and exercises throughout text use real data and real engineering situations. This motivates students to learn new concepts and gives them a taste of practical engineering experience.
Use of the Computer - Computer usage is closely integrated into the text and homework exercises.
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Wiley, 2005. Hardcover. Condition: New. Never used!. Seller Inventory # P110471735566
Book Description Wiley, 2005. Condition: New. book. Seller Inventory # M0471735566
Book Description Condition: New. New. Seller Inventory # STR-0471735566
Book Description Wiley, 2005. Hardcover. Condition: New. 3rd Edition, 2006 JustAsk! Editi. Seller Inventory # DADAX0471735566