A cleanroom is a contamination-controlled environment and is essential in the industrial manufacture of many electronic, semiconductor, optical, pharmaceutical and medical products.
The use of cleanrooms for the manufacture of a large range of products such as microprocessors, CD players, lasers, pharmaceuticals and medical devices continues to grow and many companies are using cleanrooms for the first time. At the same time, new technology products that can only be produced in cleanrooms are being developed. This comprehensive overview of the fundamentals, design, testing and operation of cleanroom systems provides novices with a introduction to this state-of-the-art technology and professionals with an accessible reference to the current standards. Readers will benifit from the author's 35 years of experience in cleanroom technology R&D, consultancy and teaching. The text is complementary to the structure and content of Whyte's own and many in-house cleanroom courses in the electronics and pharmaceutical industries.
* Complementary to the highly successful Cleanroom Design, Second Edition and the forthcoming Cleanroom Testing and Running by the same author
* Presents the fundamentals and latest standards for the design, validation, testing and running of cleanroom systems
Pitched at introductory level and tailored to fulfil the training requirements of scientists and engineers new to cleanroom technology
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
Modern manufacturing industries are increasingly turning to cleanroom technology for the development of new products. From computers, cars and aeroplanes to healthcare products and semiconductor devices, a broad array of products are now reliant upon contamination free conditions.
Providing personnel at all levels with a practical application of the technology, this book presents the first self-contained guide to cleanroom design, testing and operation.
* Written by an international authority in cleanrooms, with over 35 years experience in research, teaching and consulting in the electronic, healthcare and pharmaceutical industries.
* Includes information and sources of the latest standards, recommended practices, journals, books and internet sites.
* Provides step-by-step guidance to the design and construction of cleanrooms, appropriate testing methodologies and operation for the minimization of contamination.
* Examination of cleanroom clothing requirements, as well as practical advice on the cleaning of contamination control facilities.
This holistic treatment provides novices, technicians and scientists with an essential guide to a state-of-the-art technology. Cleanroom training co-ordinators will find this an excellent teaching tool whilst cleanroom professionals will appreciate the author's authoritative treatment of the latest standards and industry developments.
WILLIAM WHYTE is an international authority in cleanrooms, with over 45 years’ experience in research, teaching and consulting in the electronic, healthcare and pharmaceutical industries. He is a member of British and International standards committees writing the International Cleanroom standards, and has received numerous awards for his work in Cleanroom Technology.
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Wiley, 2001. Hardcover. Book Condition: New. Never used!. Bookseller Inventory # P110471868426
Book Description Wiley, 2001. Hardcover. Book Condition: New. 1. Bookseller Inventory # DADAX0471868426
Book Description John Wiley. Book Condition: New. Original Books from across the World in Brand New Condition 9780471868422. book. Bookseller Inventory # sipnov-1410