- Revised volume features new text, new sidebars, new photographs, new (and more) maps, plus a time line and almanac of fast facts, and a gallery of famous people from the state.
- For More Information back matter includes a listing of books, organizations, and Internet sites for further research.
- A chapter on government includes how the state government works and a list of all the governors and their terms in office.
- The chapters on diverse history and culture are perfect for multicultural classes.
- Sidebars offer additional information including definitions and short biographies.
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
Terry Miller Shannon is the author of several nonfiction books for children.Review:
"All the facts needed for standard state reports are here, with a few extras. Well-chosen, full-color photos, drawings, and historical engravings appear in all three books. Both school and public libraries will welcome these appealing revisions."
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Children's Press(CT), 2009. Paperback. Book Condition: New. Bookseller Inventory # DADAX053121138X
Book Description Children's Press(CT). PAPERBACK. Book Condition: New. 053121138X New Condition. Bookseller Inventory # NEW7.0876493