This title is directed primarily towards health care professionals outside of the United States. A pocketbook of clinical medicine based on Kumar and Clark's CLINICAL MEDICINE (and cross-referenced to it by page number). In addition to being a portable version of Kumar and Clark, this book offers added extras: e.g. exam questions, practical procedures, dictionary of terms, abbreviations, normal values and emergency boxes.
- pocket-sized clinical medicine text
- succinct, readable style
- includes numerous clear line drawings
- medical emergency boxes (listed at the beginning of the book)
- practical procedures chapter
- exam questions and answers
- normal values
- full colour throughout
- new chapters on Special Senses (eyes and ENT) and Therapeutics (drugs)
- Expanded Ethics and Communication chapter
- Derived from the latest sixth edition of Kumar & Clark's Clinical Medicine
- New chapter on the special senses (ENT and Eyes)
- PDA version available separately as a special pack sold with the printed version
- All chapters made more uniform in the treatment of symptoms, signs, investigations and diseases
- Ethics and communication chapter will be expanded to include record keeping, assisted suicide and other important issues
- A new chapter/section will be added on Therapeutics to cover:
- The practical use of drugs, including introductory notes on how to prescribe, writing a prescription, opiates management and other issues
- A table of the most commonly used drugs, with information on dose and route; monitoring, interaction, contraindications
- Palliative care, with specific information on drugs and other therapies used to control symmptons associated with pain control (e.g. intractable nausea)
- Exam questions re-written in new style (best of five; 'n' from many; OSCEs/case-history based questions)
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
"This is a helpful pocket guide"
Doody Enterprises, Inc.
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.