Physical Therapy for Children
Used as both a core textbook in PT programs and as a clinical reference, Physical Therapy for Children, 4th Edition, provides the essential information needed by PTs, both student and professional, when working with children. Like the previous bestselling editions, the 4th edition follows the practice pattern categories of theGuide to Physical Therapist Practice and uses the IFC model of the disabling process as it presents up-to-date evidence-based coverage of treatment. In this latest edition, Suzann Campbell DeLapp, Robert J. Palisano, and Margo N. Orlin have added more case studies and video clips, additional chapters and Medline-linked references online, andEvidence to Practice boxes to make it easy to find and remember important information.
- Provides comprehensive foundational knowledge in decision making, screening, development, motor control, and motor learning, the impairments of body function and structure, and the PT management of pediatric disorders.
- Reflects a family-centered care model throughout to help you understand how to involve children and their caregivers in developing and implementing intervention plans.
- Emphasizes an evidence-based approach that incorporates the latest research for the best outcomes.
- Follows the practice pattern guidelines of the Guide to Physical Therapist Practice, 2nd Edition which sets the standard for physical therapy practice.
- Features the International Classification of Function, Disability, and Health (ICF) of the World Health Organization (WHO) as the model for the disabling process, emphasizing activity rather than functional limitations and participation rather than disability in keeping with the book's focus on prevention of disability.
- Provides extensive case studies that show the practical application of material covered in the text and are often accompanied by online video clips illustrating the condition and its management.
- Makes it easy to access key information with plenty of tables and boxes that organize and summarize important points.
- Clearly demonstrates important concepts and clinical conditions you'll encounter in practice with over 800 illustrations.
- Takes learning to a deeper level with additional resources on the Evolve website featuring:
- Over 40 video clips that correspond to case studies and demonstrate conditions found in each chapter
- Helpful resources, including web links
- Questions and exercises you'll find helpful when preparing for the pediatric specialist certification exam
- 10 additional video clips help you deepen your understanding of more disorders and their management.
- UNIQUE! The latest research is incorporated throughout the text with evidence-based boxes that make it easy to find evidence supporting case management.
- UNIQUE! The Evolve website now includes references linked to Medline abstracts for easy access to research cited in the text.
- Patient and client cases are accompanied by an Evidence to Practice box in the text that clarifies the evidence and provid
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.