Saunders Comprehensive Review for the NCLEX-PNŽ Examination, 2e (Saunders Comprehensive Review for NCLEX-PN)
Part of the Saunders Pyramid to Success for NCLEX-PN series, this unique and comprehensive review program prepares students for the NCLEX-PN examination. Extremely popular, this outstanding review book focuses specifically on material featured in the National Council of State Boards of Nursing's most recent NCLEX-PN test plan. Content examines all aspects of practical nursing including maternity, pediatric, medical-surgical, psychiatric, and gerontologic. The companion CD-ROM contains all 1,800 multiple-choice questions from the text plus over 1,200 additional practice questions.
- Key terms defined at the beginning of each chapter give students a quick review of each content area.
- Bulleted items located throughout the content outlines identify content that typically appears on the exams.
- Pyramid to Success sections at the beginning of each chapter or major unit provide an overview of the chapter, guidance and direction regarding the focus of review in the content area, and its relative importance to the current NCLEX-PN text plan.
- 13 chapters on pharmacology, a medication and intravenous calculation chapter, and a pediatric medication calculation chapter provide practice for the increased emphasis on pharmacology on the current NCLEX-PN.
- The text and CD-ROM provide 3,000 practice questions ? more than any other review book available.
- The text contains a comprehensive exam consisting of 300 questions related to all content areas in the book and representative of the percentages identified in the NCLEX-PN test plan.
- Each question in the book provides a correct answer, rationales for all responses, a test-taking strategy, the level of cognitive ability, integrated concept/process, category of Client Needs, and a reference to a major nursing textbook.
- A unit on The Adult Client with an Immune Disorder includes all the content related to the immune system and immunologic medications, so students can easily locate and focus on these critical areas.
- Approximately 70 new Critical Thinking/Free-text entry questions help students master prioritizing, decision-making, and critical thinking skills, reflecting this component of the new test plan for NCLEX-PN.
- The CD-ROM allows the use of the mouse to answer practice questions and includes a drop-down calculator ? much like the new NCLEX-PN exam.
- Enhanced with a new testing mode, the CD-ROM features approximately 25 figures or illustrations with accompanying questions that can be answered with the click of the mouse.
- The CD-ROM allows students to practice using three modes ? Quiz, Study, and Exam. Questions are randomly selected from specific content area, integrated concept/process area, or category of client needs.
- In the Exam mode, students can test across the entire spectrum of content, review their raw score and the time to complete the exam, and print out results and questions with answers.
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
Be sure you're ready for the new NCLEX-PNŽ exam!
About the Author
Linda Anne Silvestri, MSN, RN, Assistant Professor of Nursing, Salve Regina University, Newport, RI; President, Nursing Reviews, Inc. and Professional Nursing Seminars, Inc., Charlestown, RI
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.