The Good Stuff Cookbook: Over 300 Delicacies to Make at Home

4.08 avg rating
( 12 ratings by Goodreads )
 
9780761102878: The Good Stuff Cookbook: Over 300 Delicacies to Make at Home

Fancy Pantry, which the New York Times called "an investment in good taste," brought completely up-to-date for contemporary tastes and cooking styles. Filled with over 300 delectable edibles that are more delicious and less costly than store-bought, the book features 60% all-new recipes. The other 40% have been updated, tweaked, and re-tested.

Learn to make Green Olivata, Salmon Pastrami, Chocolate-Filled Bread Rolls, Real Crumpets, Harissa, Glorious Garlic & Hot Pepper Jelly, and Chocolate-Mocha Truffles with Rum. Plus, custom charcuterie, seafood sausages and pates, breadstuffs and barbecue fixin's, chutneys, candies, spice rubs, salsas, bagels, biscotti, and more. Selection of the Book-of-the-Month Club.

"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.

From the Back Cover:

WHAT'S GOOD TO EAT

Luscious spreads and crusty breads, zesty salsas and sauces. Sweets and savories of every kind. From award-winning author Helen Witty comes a celebration of the good stuff, those surprisingly easy to make delicacies that turn a nibble into a party and add an unforgettable touch of grace to every meal. Unlocking a lifetime of culinary expertise in over 300 recipes, Mrs. Witty introduces both the new specialties-from biscotti to preserved lemons-and such enduring favorites as Nesselrode Sauce, Real Crumpets, Chicken Liver Mousse, and Mushroom Ketchup. May your cupboard runneth over.

Helen Witty is the author of numerous cookbooks, including FANCY PANTRY and (as co-author) BETTER THAN STORE-BOUGHT, and is a contributor to Gourmet, Food & Wine, Family Circle and other magazines. She's won two prestigious Tastemaker/IACP/Seagram awards for cookbook excellence.

A FANCY PANTRY WITHOUT FANCY WORK

Dried Tomato Pesto

Three-Pepper Roasted Salsa

Gingery Rhubarb Chutney

Asian Chili & Garlic Paste

Three-Flavor Oil for Stir-Frying

Basil Oil

Pesto Biscotti

Jamaican Jerk Rub

Shallot Mustard

Tart Pickled Cherries

Small White Cheeses in Olive Oil & Herbs

Saffron Noodles

Tomato Jam with Ginger & Coriander

Bartlett Butter

Chocolate Truffles

A Note to Fans of FANCY PANTRY:

Since FANCY PANTRY was published in 1986, Mrs. Witty has never stopped creating new recipes for delectable edibles, or updating those she couldn't live without. THE GOOD STUFF COOKBOOK is the result.

About the Author:

Helen Witty's books have been three-time winners of the prestigious Tastemaker Award and the James Beard Award Nomination and she has published many articles in magazines on cooking. A former editor at Cusine and Food & Wine magazines, Helen is also the suthor of Better Than Store Bought, Mrs. Witty's Monster Cookies and Fancy Pantry. She lives on eastern Long Island, New York with her husband, Richard, a stickler for tasting all her own recipes.

"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.

Top Search Results from the AbeBooks Marketplace

1.

Helen Witty
Published by Workman Publishing Company (1997)
ISBN 10: 0761102876 ISBN 13: 9780761102878
New Paperback Quantity Available: 1
Seller:
Ergodebooks
(RICHMOND, TX, U.S.A.)
Rating
[?]

Book Description Workman Publishing Company, 1997. Paperback. Book Condition: New. Bookseller Inventory # DADAX0761102876

More Information About This Seller | Ask Bookseller a Question

Buy New
US$ 22.91
Convert Currency

Add to Basket

Shipping: US$ 3.99
Within U.S.A.
Destination, Rates & Speeds

2.

Witty, Helen
Published by Workman Publishing Company (1997)
ISBN 10: 0761102876 ISBN 13: 9780761102878
New Paperback Quantity Available: 2
Seller:
Murray Media
(North Miami Beach, FL, U.S.A.)
Rating
[?]

Book Description Workman Publishing Company, 1997. Paperback. Book Condition: New. Never used!. Bookseller Inventory # P110761102876

More Information About This Seller | Ask Bookseller a Question

Buy New
US$ 38.07
Convert Currency

Add to Basket

Shipping: US$ 1.99
Within U.S.A.
Destination, Rates & Speeds

3.

Witty, Helen
Published by Workman Publishing Company
ISBN 10: 0761102876 ISBN 13: 9780761102878
New PAPERBACK Quantity Available: 1
Seller:
Cloud 9 Books
(Wellington, FL, U.S.A.)
Rating
[?]

Book Description Workman Publishing Company. PAPERBACK. Book Condition: New. 0761102876 New Condition. Bookseller Inventory # NEW7.0315215

More Information About This Seller | Ask Bookseller a Question

Buy New
US$ 59.99
Convert Currency

Add to Basket

Shipping: US$ 4.99
Within U.S.A.
Destination, Rates & Speeds