Sun Microsystems' Java 2 Platform, Enterprise Edition (J2EE) defines the standard for developing multitier enterprise applications -- and the Java 2 Enterprise Edition Bible defines the standard for comprehensive coverage of this exciting development tool! This book covers all the primary technologies of J2EE, including: Enterprise JavaBeans, Java Server Pages, servlets, the Java Naming and Directory Interface (JNDI), the Java Transaction API (JTA), CORBA, and the JDBC data access API. It also explains how XML works with Java. Developers can rely on this book to provide detail on developing and deploying a complete, stable, secure, fast Java platform to the enterprise level.
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
* Master the APIs, components, and interfaces that make J2EE so powerful
* Deploy an enterprise-class Java platform with stability, speed, and security
* Build fully integrated, n-tier e-commerce systems
If Java 2 Enterprise Edition can do it, you can do it too...
Java 2 Enterprise Edition defines the standard for distributed application development. This comprehensive tutorial and reference covers everything you need to know to develop and deploy a complete, stable, secure, and fast enterprise Java platform. From the fundamentals of Java technology to real-world examples of integrated, multi-tier applications, you'll explore all the possibilities that J2EE has to offer - and find out how to put them to work.
Inside, you'll find complete coverage of Java 2 Enterprise Edition
* Get up to speed on every aspect of the J2EE specification
* Build user interfaces that are more than just pretty Web pages
* Deliver content with servlets, JSP, and JavaMail
* Use JDBC to connect your applications with SQL databases
* Work with directory services using JNDI and LDAP
* Transform and bind XML documents
* Tie Web services into large-scale enterprise applications
Justin Couch spends most of his time in Australia but travels extensively in the United States and England as a trainer and consultant. He is the author of Java 2 Bible (Hungry Minds) and Java 2 Networking (McGraw-Hill).
Daniel H. Steinberg is from Oberlin, Ohio where he is a Mathematics Professor at Oberlin College. He is coauthor of Java 2 Bible and editor of IBM's developerWorks JavaZone.
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Wiley, 2002. Paperback. Book Condition: New. Bookseller Inventory # mon0000423605
Book Description Wiley, 2002. Paperback. Book Condition: New. Enterprise Edition. Bookseller Inventory # DADAX0764508822
Book Description John Wiley & Sons. Book Condition: New. pp. 960. Bookseller Inventory # 7571412