Red Hat sealed and approved - survive installing and configuring Red Hat Linux with this handy quick reference by your side.
This quick-reference book contains the core information you need to install and configure the Red Hat Linux Operating System. It focuses on both the home and office uses of Red Hat Linux. Topics covered in the book include installing and upgrading Linux; Dual-booting Linux (for home networking); and Setting up Linux with DHCP, etc.(for home networking).
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
Your Official Red Hat(r) Linux(r) Survival Guide Reviewed and approved by the experts at Red Hat, this handy reference delivers the essential information you need to set up a Red Hat Linux system, at work or at home. Beginning with exceptionally clear instructions for installation, upgrades, and dual-booting, Linux expert Mohammed Kabir shows you step by step how to get up and running with a Red Hat Linux workstation or server. From setting up a network and running programs to configuring the X Window System and establishing Web services, this handy guide is all you need to tackle typical challenges-and get down to work. Authoritative Advice on Setting Up a Red Hat Linux System
* Install or upgrade Red Hat Linux as a standalone or dual-boot system
* Configure the X Window System and use the GNOME desktop
* Run programs, manage users, and work with files and directories
* Customize the Linux kernel to suit your needs
* Set up Apache Web server, sendmail mail server, Wu-FTPD FTP server, and BIND DNS server(r)
* Share files and printers with other computers using Samba and NFS servers
* Look up common Linux commands and basic IP information in the handy appendixes
Reviewed and Approved by the Experts at Red Hat www.redhat.com www.hungryminds.com
MOHAMMED J. KABIR is the founder and CEO of Evoknow, Inc., a company specializing in the development of customer relationship management software. His books include Red Hat Linux 7 Server, Red Hat Linux Administrator's Handbook, Red Hat Linux Security and Optimization, and Apache Server 2 Bible.
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description John Wiley & Sons. Book Condition: New. pp. 650. Bookseller Inventory # 7600187