This specific ISBN edition is currently not available.View all copies of this ISBN edition:
Red Hat Linux Security and Optimization is a reference for power-users and administrators covering all security issues, including Filesystems Security, Securing root accounts and Firewalls. Other Security books talk about how to apply certain patches to fix a security problem -- but this book shows you how to secure all applications so that the chances for a security breach are automatically minimized. Application performance benchmarking will also be covered. This book introduces you to many application-specific performance and benchmarking techniques and shows you how to tune your computer as well as your networks. This book covers all the primary Red Hat Linux Applications such as Apache Web Server, WuFTP, FTP server, BIND DNS server, Sendmail SMTP server and focuses on how to enhance security for each of them. It also shows you how to secure NFS and Samba Server, as well as the Apache Web Server.
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
Your Official Red Hat(r) Linux(r) Guide to Security and Optimization Reviewed and approved by the experts at Red Hat, this comprehensive guide delivers the know-how you need to improve the performance of your Red Hat Linux system-and protect it from attacks and break-ins. Red Hat Linux expert Mohammed Kabir starts by showing you how to tune the kernel and filesystems and optimize network services, from speeding up Web servers to boosting the performance of Samba. He then explains how to secure your Red Hat Linux system, offering hands-on techniques for network and Internet security as well as in-depth coverage of Linux firewalls and virtual private networks. Complete with security utilities and ready-to-run scripts on CD-ROM, this official Red Hat Linux guide is an indispensable resource. Proven Red Hat Linux Performance and Security Solutions
* Upgrade and configure your hardware to boost performance
* Customize the kernel and tune the filesystem for optimal results
* Use JFS and LVM to enhance the filesystem reliability and manageability
* Tweak Apache, Sendmail, Samba, and NFS servers for increased speed
* Protect against root compromises by enabling LIDS and Libsafe in the kernel
* Use PAM, OpenSSL, shadow passwords, OpenSSH, and xinetd to enhance network security
* Set up sensible security on Apache and reduce CGI and SSI risks
* Secure BIND, Sendmail, ProFTPD, Samba, and NFS servers
* Create a highly configurable packet filtering firewall to protect your network
* Build a secure virtual private network with FreeS/WAN
* Use port scanners, password crackers, and CGI scanners to locate vulnerabilities before the hackers do
Reviewed and Approved by the Experts at Red Hat CD-ROM Features Security tools, including cgichk.pl, gShield, IP Filter, John the Ripper, Lids, LSOF, Nessus, Netcat, Ngrep, Nmap, OpenSSH, OpenSSL, Postfix, SAINT trial version, SARA, Snort, Swatch, tcpdump, Tripwire Open Source Linux Edition, Vetescan, and Whisker Scripts from the book Plus a searchable e-version of the book www.redhat.com www.hungryminds.com
MOHAMMED J. KABIR is the founder and CEO of Evoknow, Inc., a company specializing in customer relationship management software development. His books include Red Hat Linux 7 Server, Red Hat Linux Administrator's Handbook, Red Hat Linux Survival Guide, and Apache Server 2 Bible.
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description *Red Hat, 2001. Paperback. Condition: New. Seller Inventory # DADAX0764547542
Book Description *Red Hat, 2001. Condition: New. book. Seller Inventory # MB011DAY39E