This specific ISBN edition is currently not available.View all copies of this ISBN edition:
* Red Hat Linux X Internet Server takes the reader through all of the steps of setting up an Internet server using the Red Hat Linux operating system.
* It begins by describing Red Hat Linux networking basics, two example networks and the basics of DSL Internet connections, firewalls and troubleshooting in Part 1.This sets the foundation for all subsequent examples and provides readers with problem solving tools.
* Part 2 describes how to construct and manage a secure web server that is connected to a database. Part 3 shows the reader how to construct basic Internet services such as DNS, sendmail, FTP and Samba. Part 4 deals with advanced management techniques.
* The final part describes how to secure your network and servers. This part goes beyond the average coverage by showing advanced as well as basic security techniques and tools.
ABOUT THE CD-ROM
The CD-ROM has an open-source high-availability system/server created by the author and appropriate GPL server and security software.
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
Your Official Red Hat Linux Guide to Internet Servers
Reviewed and approved by the experts at Red Hat, this in-depth guide delivers all the know-how you need to set up and manage a state-of-the-art Linux Internet server in a small or medium-sized business or organization.
Red Hat Linux experts Paul Sery and Jay Beale start with the basics - networking fundamentals, Internet connections, firewalls. They then show you in detail how to establish Web and Internet services, from setting up database connectivity, secure connections, and streaming media to configuring domain name, e-mail, file transfer, and resource-sharing servers. Last but not least, they provide a focused discussion of server management issues and deliver five thorough chapters with the latest advice on keeping your network secure.
This authorized Red Hat Linux guide is the one resource you need for a secure, high-performance Linux Internet server.
Proven Red Hat Linux Internet Server Solutions
* Configure either one of two example network typologies
* Connect to the Internet via cable or DSL
* Establish a stateful IP filtering firewall
* Set up Apache 2 Web server and a streaming audio server
* Connect a SQL database to the Web server and provide Secure Socket Layer Web connections
* Create DNS, SMTP, FTP, and Samba servers
* Automate network backups and increase system reliability
* Increase security with lock down, intrusion detection, and more
"Finally, what Red Hat users have been waiting for! This book gives a comprehensive array of essential topics with plenty of practical examples that will have you up and running in no time."
-Mark J. Cox, Senior Director of Engineering, Red Hat
Paul G. Sery works for Sandia National Laboratories, in Albuquerque, New Mexico, where he designs and manages several networks for the Computer Science Research Institute. His books include Red Hat Linux Network Toolkit and Red Hat Linux 6 in Small Business.
Jay Beale is the founder and president of JJB Security Consulting as well as the lead developer for Bastille Linux, a security product used to harden Linux and HP-UX. A frequent speaker at security conferences, he is the author of Locking Down Linux the Bastille Way.
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description John Wiley & Sons. Condition: New. pp. 572. Seller Inventory # 7576413
Book Description *Red Hat, 2002. Paperback. Condition: New. 1. Seller Inventory # DADAX0764547887