This specific ISBN edition is currently not available.View all copies of this ISBN edition:
* Examines new Palm OS handheld models and new tools for developing Palm OS programs.
* Includes new working code samples for developing conduits, which synchronize data between handhelds and PCs.
* Contains a new chapter on the Virtual File System, which allows for handling of data on removable memory cards in the newest Palm devices.
* Covers the new graphic and sound capabilities available in OS 5.
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
"The most complete Palm OS 5 reference available - don't write a line of code without reading it!"
-JB Parrett, Principal Software Developer, PalmSource, Inc.
* Capture the capabilities of Palm OS 5, VFS, and DeveloperStudio
* Master the revolutionary features of today's hot new handhelds
* Unlock the secrets of synchronization, networking, and wireless transfer
If the Palm OS can do it, you can do it too . . .
Unleash the full power of the Palm OS with the newest tools, code, and applications! This fully revised and updated volume lets you command the enhanced capabilities of Palm OS versions 4 and 5. You'll learn to transfer data via Bluetooth and SMS as well as infrared beaming, unravel the mysteries of TCP/IP communication through the Palm OS net library, gain skill in handling user input through the increasingly popular one-handed navigation hardware, and create applications using the highly acclaimed Falch.net DeveloperStudio. Whether you're new to Palm OS programming or a veteran seeking the latest options for your customers, this definitive guide covers everything you need to know for programming Palm OS handhelds.
Inside, you'll find complete coverage of Palm OS programming
* Create applications with DeveloperStudio, CodeWarrior, and PRC-Tools
* Manage data on removable memory cards with Virtual File System
* Program third-party handhelds and resolve hardware differences
* Develop conduits using new code samples
* Master new methods of wireless data transfer
* Explore navigation wheels, sampled sound, and high-resolution displays
* Exterminate bugs with Palm OS Simulator and Palm Reporter
* Adapt older apps with PACE
LONNON R. FOSTER is a programmer and writer who has spent the past nine years creating desktop applications, database front ends, web sites, communications software, technical documentation, and handheld applications. He has been developing Palm OS applications almost as long as the Platform has existed, starting with his first Pilot 5000 and progressing to more complicated wireless software for Symbol's 1700 series. Lonnon fills his sparse free time with tactical tabletop gaming, recreational Perl coding, and reading everything he can get his hands on.
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Wiley, 2002. Paperback. Condition: New. 2. Seller Inventory # DADAX0764549618
Book Description Wiley, 2002. Condition: New. book. Seller Inventory # M0764549618