This specific ISBN edition is currently not available.View all copies of this ISBN edition:
The Definitive Word on Visual Basic 2005
The release of Visual Basic 2005 solidifies Visual Basic's first-class position in the world of object-oriented programming. Written by the author of the best-selling Mastering Visual Basic .NET, this is the authoritative resource you'll need to master the most powerful version of the Visual Basic language and the newest tools comprising Visual Studio(r). Inside, you'll find in-depth explanations and practical examples addressing dozens of key techniques, along with transition tips for the VB 6 developer.
* Mastering the new Windows Forms Designer and controls
* Building dynamic forms
* Using powerful Framework classes such as Collections and Cryptography
* Persisting objects to disk files
* Handling graphics and printing elaborate reports
* Achieving robustness via structured exception handling
* Developing your own classes and extending existing ones via inheritance
* Building custom Windows controls
* Building menus and list controls with custom-drawn items
* Using ADO.NET 2.0 to build disconnected, distributed applications
* Using SQL queries and stored procedures with ADO.NET 2.0
* Facilitating database programming with the visual database tools
* Building web applications with ASP.NET 2.0 and the rich web controls
* Designing data-driven web applications
* Detailed discussion of the DataGridView and DataList web controls
* Building XML web services to use with Windows and web applications
Get up to Speed on the Major Classes of the New Version of the Framework
Build Custom Classes and Controls
Take Advantage of Enhanced Web and Database Programming Features
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
Evangelos Petroutsos works as a consultant on large projects, teaches VB and SQL, writes articles, and continues to write code. He has authored and co-authored dozens of programming titles, including the best-selling Mastering Visual Basic .NET, Mastering Database Programming with Visual Basic, and Visual Basic .NET Developer's Handbook, all from Sybex. Evangelos has been a Visual Basic programmer since version 1.
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Sybex, 2006. Paperback. Condition: New. Never used!. Seller Inventory # P110782143490
Book Description Sybex, 2006. Paperback. Condition: New. 1. Seller Inventory # DADAX0782143490