This specific ISBN edition is currently not available.View all copies of this ISBN edition:
Modern engineering and physical science applications demand a thorough knowledge of applied mathematics, particularly special functions. These typically arise in applications such as communication systems, electro-optics, nonlinear wave propagation, electromagnetic theory, electric circuit theory, and quantum mechanics. This text systematically introduces special functions and explores their properties and applications in engineering and science.
- Preface to the Second Edition
- Preface to the First Edition
- Notation for Special Functions
- Infinite Series, Improper Integrals, and Infinite Products
- The Gamma Function and Related Functions
- Other Functions Defined by Integrals
- Legendre Polynomials and Related Functions
- Other Orthogonal Polynomials
- Bessel Functions
- Bessel Functions of Other Kinds
- Applications Involving Bessel Functions
- The Hypergeometric Function
- The Confluent Hypergeometric Functions
- Generalized Hypergeometric Functions
- Applications Involving Hypergeometric-Type Functions
- Appendix: A List of Special Function Formulas
- Selected Answers to Exercises
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
Larry C. Andrews is a professor of mathematics at the University of Central Florida, a member of its Dept. of Electrical and Computer Engineering, and associate member of its Center for Research and Education in Optics and Lasers (CREOL). His interests include laser beam propagation through random media, detection theory, and signal processing.
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
(No Available Copies)
If you know the book but cannot find it on AbeBooks, we can automatically search for it on your behalf as new inventory is added. If it is added to AbeBooks by one of our member booksellers, we will notify you!Create a Want