This specific ISBN edition is currently not available.View all copies of this ISBN edition:
Now in its fifth edition, John C. Russ’s monumental image processing reference is an even more complete, modern, and hands-on tool than ever before. The Image Processing Handbook, Fifth Edition is fully updated and expanded to reflect the latest developments in the field. Written by an expert with unequalled experience and authority, it offers clear guidance on how to create, select, and use the most appropriate algorithms for a specific application.
What’s new in the Fifth Edition?
· A new chapter on the human visual process that explains which visual cues elicit a response from the viewer
· Description of the latest hardware and software for image acquisition and printing, reflecting the proliferation of the digital camera
· New material on multichannel images, including a major section on principal components analysis
· Expanded sections on deconvolution, extended dynamic range images, and image enlargement and interpolation
· More than 600 new and revised figures and illustrations for a total of more than 2000 illustrations
· 20% more references to the most up-to-date literature
Written in a relaxed and reader-friendly style, The Image Processing Handbook, Fifth Edition guides you through the myriad tools available for image processing and helps you understand how to select and apply each one.
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
Ken Hillis is Associate Professor of Communication Studies at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. He is author of Digital Sensations: Space, Identity and Embodiment in Virtual Reality. Michael Petit is Mellon Lecturing Fellow at the University Writing Program in the Center for Teaching, Learning and Writing at Duke University. He is author of Peacekeepers at War: A Marine's Account of the Beirut Catastrophe. Nathan Epley is a Ph.D. candidate in the Department of Communication Studies, at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. He is a contributing editor for NMEDIAC: The Journal of New Media and Culture.Review:
Dr. John C. Russ is the recipient of the 2006 Ernst Abbe Memorial Award of the New York Microscopical Society, for achievements made in the field of microscopy.
For more information, visit http://nyms.org
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description CRC Press, 2006. Hardcover. Condition: New. Never used!. Seller Inventory # P110849372542
Book Description CRC Press. Hardcover. Condition: New. 0849372542 New Condition. Seller Inventory # NEW7.1384889