This specific ISBN edition is currently not available.View all copies of this ISBN edition:
This completely revised and updated edition presents the theory and technical procedures for physically constructing an esthetic metal-ceramic restoration using contemporary dental porcelain systems. Readers are introduced to the complex technical language of this technology as they are patiently guided through each step of the process. New to this edition is an increased emphasis on evidence-based documentation; information on biocompatibility, including indications of intra- and extraoral allergic responses; explanations of the rationale for variations in substructure design; expanded dental materials content; updated dental porcelain and dental alloy classifications; firing schedules for current products; and much more. Written specifically for dental technology students, dental students, graduate students and residents in advanced education programs, and advanced technical courses.
1. History and Overview
2. Chemistry of Dental Porcelain
3. Casting Alloys for Bonding to Dental Porcelain
4. Essentials of Metal-Ceramic Substructure Design
5. Fundamentals of Spruing, Investing, and Casting
6. How Does Dental Porcelain Bond to Metal?
7. Preparation of the Metal Substructure for Porcelain
8. Applying Porcelain to the Metal Substructure
9. Adjusting and Finishing the Metal-Ceramic Restoration
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
For all interested in dental technology, but especially dental students, prosthodontic residents, and dental technicians, this is a highly recommended and must-have book for their libraries. --J. Stephen Brousseau, DDS, - Journal of Prosthodontics, August 2010
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Quintessence Pub Co, 2009. Hardcover. Condition: New. Never used!. Seller Inventory # P110867154608