Now more than ever Lean and Luscious means:
· Recipes that are delicious, quick, low in calories, and easy to prepare
· Recipes that are not just for dieters but for anyone who likes good food and believes in good nutrition
· Your choice of sweeteners
· Nutritional breakdown of each recipe, including assessments of calories, fat, carbohydrates, sodium, protein, and cholesterol
· Recipes organized by food families—a unique, convenient way to balance your diet
· Recipes you can use for all types of restrictive diets, such as lowfat, reducing, low-sodium, and low cholesterol
· Sinfully sumptuous desserts, minus the guilt
· Gourmet food that’s a snap to prepare
Each and every recipe fully updated and improved to meet the newest dietary guidelines for halthy eating!
“Thank you for your fabulous cookbook. The recipes provide great tasting food with a reasonable calorie content. My wife and I use it all the time.”
—Theodore M. Brennan, owner, Brennan’s Restaurant, New Orleans
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
With more than 14,000 copies of a self-published edition sold, this praiseworthy title offers simple, quick, reduced-calorie versions of everyday favorites: potato salad, Caesar salad, ham barbecue, chocolate cake, Manhattan clam chowder. Hinman, a gourmet cook, and Snyder, who lost 100 pounds and directs a weight-loss organization, provide an easy-to-understand calorie count and nutritional analysis of each recipe, as well as the exchange value equivalents for popular diet plans. Although more healthful than traditional recipes, not all of the more than 400 dishes are nonfattening. Some, like chicken-and-broccoli bake or seafood quiche, total upwards of 400 calories per serving. The aim, however, is not to make every meal as low in calories as possible, but to preserve characteristic flavors and textures. Hinman and Snyder believe the secret to successful dieting lies in satisfying, varied and creative meals. The 133 decorative line drawings underscore the authors' point that calorie-conscious cooking need not detract from the pleasure of eating. 25,000 first printing; $23,500 ad/promo; author tour.
Copyright 1986 Reed Business Information, Inc.
Over 350 Easy-to-Prepare, Delicious Recipes
for Today's Lowfat Lifestyle
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Clarkson Potter, 1986. Plastic Comb. Book Condition: New. Never used!. Bookseller Inventory # P110914629204
Book Description Clarkson Potter. PLASTIC COMB. Book Condition: New. 0914629204 New Condition. Bookseller Inventory # NEW7.0508885