This specific ISBN edition is currently not available.View all copies of this ISBN edition:
This book reviews all of the need-to-know topics for first-time professional job seekers, whether you are looking for a co-op job, internship, or your first full-time job after graduation including:
* Tips on planning for your first professional job experience, including understanding how employer needs and the job market affect your options
* Specific advice about how to write an effective resume -- even if you have absolutely no previous professional experience
* Tried and tested guidance on how to interview strategically
* Insights regarding the keys to on-the-job success, emphasizing how to prevent problems from arising at work
* Thoughts on making sense of your first professional job experience once you return to the classroom.
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
Scott Weighart is the first-ever Director of Learning and Development at Bates Communications, a consulting firm specializing in leadership communication. For over two decades, he has worked in experiential learning, both in the private sector and in higher education, including many years at Northeastern University. He has critiqued over 500 interviews and helped roughly 2,000 young professionals in their efforts to obtain meaningful co=op jobs, internship, and full-time jobs. He also has worked as a professional recruiter, manged numerous interns, written five books, and delivered workshops on experiential learning across the U.S. and Canada.Review:
The co-op guidebook is a student's Bible to landing that great job during co-op semesters and even upon graduation. It's the only book that I've used for all five years of college! The information contained in this guidebook may be overwhelming at first, but believe me when I say that it will greatly influence your resume skills, interview skills, and job searching skills. --Keith Laughman, Northeastern Univ. Class of 2002
Understanding transferable skills -- and knowing how to use and express them -- is an essential quality for an interviewee and also one of my favorite parts of this guidebook. --Gabriel Glasscock, Northeastern Univ. Class of 2002
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Mosaic Eye Publishing, 2013. Condition: New. book. Seller Inventory # M0962126497
Book Description Mosaic Eye Publishing, 2013. Paperback. Condition: New. 4th. Ships with Tracking Number! INTERNATIONAL WORLDWIDE Shipping available. Buy with confidence, excellent customer service!. Seller Inventory # 0962126497n