This specific ISBN edition is currently not available.View all copies of this ISBN edition:
Using Dreamweaver to Create e-Learning goes beyond just how to use these extensions, but includes in depth tutorials on how to get the most out of them. Work hands-on through the exercises or use this book as a reference with its comprehensive index.
Have you been tasked with creating web-based training using Dreamweaver? Macromedia's powerful extensions to Dreamweaver, CourseBuilder and Learning Site Command, can make your job immeasurably easier. This book not only teaches you how to use them but also helps you understand how to get the most out of these amazing time savers.
Learn CourseBuilder and Learning Site from start to finish by following the step-by-step tutorials or use this book as a reference to accomplish specific tasks. Discover the untapped uses of these extensions far beyond their out-of-the-box uses. Go beyond the beginner stage with an entire section of the book devoted to the flexibility and power of CourseBuilder's Action Manager. Among many other things, learn how to create highly interactive quizzes, custom interactions, and track student data in Learning Site.
Here is a summary of what the book contains:
- 21 chapters and 4 appendices.
- Numerous step-by-step instructions.
- Over 45 hands-on exercises.
- Numerous enhancements to both Learning Site and CourseBuilder.
- Dozen of tips for creating the most effective e-Learning.
The companion CD-ROM contains all of the examples shown in the book (over 70) so you can work through them as you go, learning hands-on. We've also included some bonus screen movies screen movies demonstrating how to accomplish certain advanced tasks.
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
Inside you'll find complete coverage of CourseBuilder and Learning Site. You'll learn to:
- Add compelling web-based training interactivity that doesn't require browser plug-ins - Build online quizzes and skill certification exams - Create custom reusable libraries of interactive activities and quiz objects that your entire e-learning team can utilize - Extend CourseBuilder using the power of the Action Manager object and style sheets - Integrate Dreamweaver, CourseBuilder, and Learning Site for a complete e-learning development solution - Exploit advanced features of CourseBuilder and Learning Site - Integrate other media such as audio, Flash, streaming video and other plug-ins - Master critical aspects of web-based training development, from student log-in and course navigation to interactivity and student data tracking
The Companion CD Includes: - Follow along with source files that match tutorials - Explore completed interactions to optimize your learning - View screen videos demonstrating complex procedures - Use the storyboard template to jump start your instructional design
User Level: Beginning - Advanced
Win/MacAbout the Author:
Steven Hancock is an instructional designer with a strong background in e-learning development. His instructional design and e-learning experience began at Utah State University where he received his Masters degree in Instructional Technology. While at USU he worked on Dr. David M. Merrill's research and development team. He then took that experience to Brooks Air Force base in San Antonio, Texas to work with Dr. Robert Gagne to develop a prototype of an instructional design system. During the many years since that time he has worked on various projects as an Instructional Designer, Trainer, Team Leader, CBT developer, and WBT developer. He is currently the President of Rapid Intake, Inc. Steve lives in the state of Utah in the United States with his wife and seven children.
Garin Hess is an e-learning developer with a history in instructional design and instructor-led training. With over twelve years of experience in the training and education field, his previous work includes positions as a trainer, e-learning development team leader, and training manager. He is currently CEO of Rapid Intake Inc., a firm specializing in custom e-learning design and development. Garin lives in the United States in the state of Washington with his wife and three children.
Both authors have published articles on e-learning, including articles in Learning Circuits, the American Society for Training and Development's (ASTD) e-learning magazine.
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Rapid Intake Pr, 2001. Paperback. Condition: New. Seller Inventory # DADAX0971508003