This specific ISBN edition is currently not available.View all copies of this ISBN edition:
...a pocket-sized, essential reference for daily clinical practice, including protocols, step-by-step tests and procedures (shunt taps, ventriculostomy placement and drain management..), and decision-making algorithms (cervical spine clearance)..This handbook is ideal for medical students, residents, nurses and general practioners on the ward and covers all related topics such as neuroanatomy, neurosurgery, radiology, and general pediatrics.
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
Colen Publishing is dedicated to the promotion and dissemination of professional medical books and related topics. Through our publications we endorse and propagate innovative medical and healthcare research and education within the community.From the Back Cover:
This handbook provides a succinct guide of board and ward related topics that will assist the interested medical student, resident or fellow during their pediatric neurology or neurosurgery experience. In addition, it can help the general pediatrician achieve a better understanding of neurology/neurosurgery related topics affecting the pediatric patient.
- Calculations/Conversions- cerebral perfusion pressure, intracranial pressure, estimating total blood volume, calculating serum osmolarity, temperature and weight conversions and growth charts
- Pediatric Physical Examination- normal vital signs, developmental milestones, language development and adaptive development
- Neuroanatomy- cranial nerves, brainstem principles, medulla, pons, midbrain, dermatomes and myotomes
- Neuroimaging- cortical anatomy made simple, MRI anatomy
- Pediatric Neuro-Oncology- cerebellar astrocytoma, medulloblastoma, intracranial ependymoma, choroid plexus tumors, germ cell tumors, optic pathway and hypothalamic gliomas
- Malformations- Chiari 1, 2, 3, and 4
- Nonaccidental Trauma- birth head trauma, birth brachial plexus injury, child abuse
- Trauma- pediatric glascow coma scale, closed head injuries, penetrating head injuries, ventriculostomy placement, intracranial pressure management, cervical spine assessment algorithms
- Benign Spine Lesions- intervertebral disc disease, benign tumors of the vertebral column
- Seizures- febrile seizures, status epilepticus, workup and management
- Baclofen Withdrawal and Toxicity- diagnosis and treatment
- Minor Procedures-shunt tap, shunt injection and lumbar puncture
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
(No Available Copies)
If you know the book but cannot find it on AbeBooks, we can automatically search for it on your behalf as new inventory is added. If it is added to AbeBooks by one of our member booksellers, we will notify you!Create a Want