Office Procedures for the 21st Century
This market-leading book helps readers acquire the office and interpersonal skills needed to excel in any organization. Its proven approach means students acquire these skills quickly and chapters introduce a range of topics including file management, time management, employment skills, basic financial forms, problem solving, human relations and more! This edition features more on communication, references Microsoft Office 2007, and expands the office simulation to include both functional and cumulative exercises. New chapters address the medical and legal office and new assignments develop employer-ready skills. New! Updated content includes topics such as:
- Current office trends
- The green office
- Office politics
- Displaying good manners
- Ordering supplies online
- Visitors and language barriers
- Complaining customers
- Steps for keying minutes
- Steps for PowerPoint 2007 and more!
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
About the Author
This edition addresses office procedures such as:
- File management
- Time management
- Employment skills
- Basic financial forms
- Telephone techniques
- Problem solving
- Human relations
- Ethical behavior
- Technology and computer applications
New! Chapter 13, Developing Effective Oral Presentations—appears in this edition.
- Includes information on how to plan a presentation, organize content, deliver the message and use multimedia effectively.
- Discusses special topics such as how to deal with nervousness, ethics and speaking and speaking to diverse audiences.
New! More coverage of soft skills—appears in this edition.
- Begins in Chapter 2 and identifies five basic workplace skills, basic workplace knowledge, development of personal qualities, development of interpersonal skills, ethical behavior and international human relations.
- Includes more coverage of effective communications skills related to teamwork and collaboration.
New! An integrated coverage of ethics—includes sections in each chapter.
- Helps readers think critically about an ethical dilemma or difficult situation related to an office environment.
- Helps readers sharpen their ethical decision-making skills.
New! Stop ‘n Check sections—appear throughout the chapter content.
- Challenge students to recall and think critically about key concepts.
New! Reorganized end-of-chapter material—includes two types of exercises:
- Review of Key Concepts (chapter summaries; key terms; discussion questions; Exploring the Workplace: Activities) material focuses on concept retention and developing critical thinking skills.
- Building Your Office Skills (Developing Critical Thinking Skills: Problem Solving on the Job; Using the Web: Research Activities; Get Tech Wise; Improving Your Writing Skills: Workshops; and Simulation: In the Office of Supreme Appliances) focus on developing skills that can be used immediately on the job.
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.