This specific ISBN edition is currently not available.View all copies of this ISBN edition:
Essentials of Economics, is the market leading concise text in introductory economics. In this new edition, John Sloman continues to engage you in learning economics with his well-loved, warm writing style and plenty of examples drawn from the real world.
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
‘The book is very good as it is concise, but also manages to give practical examples of the theoretical issues it is covering. Undoubtedly student friendly when compared to the competition.’ Dr Douglas Chalmers, Glasgow Caledonian University
Essentials of Economics is the market-leading concise text in introductory economics. In this new edition, John Sloman continues to engage you in learning economics with his well-loved, warm writing style and plenty of examples drawn from the real world.
· A wealth of current and topical examples and cases to provide the link between economic theory and the real world.
· Learning features integrated throughout the text, including questions, definitions, web references and summaries. These will help consolidate what you have learnt in each chapter.
· Review questions with answers in each chapter to test your understanding.
New to this edition
· NEW! Full colour design to bring the subject to life.
· Many new case studies and expanded coverage of various topics, including game theory in Chapter 4, the role of money and interest rates in the economy in Chapter 8 and inflation targeting in Chapters 9 and 10.
· NEW! Explanations to accompany many of the diagrams to ensure full understanding of a concept.
· NEW! The identification of various ‘Threshold Concepts’ that are key to helping you ‘think like an economist’.
The best resource package for introductory economics just got better! Resources are carefully integrated with the text to provide a complete and blended learning experience.
· Now with MyEconLab: enables you to assess your own learning, and provides a personalised Study Plan which identifies areas you need to concentrate on to improve your grades. Specific tools are provided for you to direct your study in the most efficient way. Access to MyEconLab is provided with every new purchase of the main text.
WinEcon, containing award-winning interactive tutorials, Available especially customised for use with Sloman’s Essentials of Economics.
The book is designed for one-semester courses in introductory economics or for year-long principles courses for non-specialist economics students. This text also matches the A-level syllabus and will be entirely suitable for AS and A2 students.
About the author
John Sloman is Director of the Economics Network – the Economics subject centre of the Higher Education Academy. The Economics Network is based at the University of Bristol. John is also Principal Lecturer in the School of Economics at the University of the West of England.
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Financial Times/ Prentice Hall, 2009. Paperback. Condition: Used; Good. Dispatched, from the UK, within 48 hours of ordering. This book is in good condition but will show signs of previous ownership. Please expect some creasing to the spine and/or minor damage to the cover. Grubby book. This book is dirty and has significant shelf wear, however all text is there and readable, as such it is acceptable for sale, and is still a good read. Thanks. Seller Inventory # CHL1969807
Book Description Financial Times Prentice Hall, 2009. Condition: Very Good. 4th ed. Ships from the UK. Former Library book. Great condition for a used book! Minimal wear. Seller Inventory # GRP62284718
Book Description Financial Times/ Prentice Hall, 2009. Paperback. Condition: Very Good. Daily dispatch from the UK. Seller Inventory # mon0000221040
Book Description Financial Times Prentice Hall, 2009. Paperback. Condition: Good. Ships with Tracking Number! INTERNATIONAL WORLDWIDE Shipping available. May not contain Access Codes or Supplements. May be ex-library. Shipping & Handling by region. Buy with confidence, excellent customer service!. Seller Inventory # 1408241560