Tap into all of the latest knowledge and expertise in your field...in print and online! Both a user-friendly printed reference and a fully searchable web site, this 4th e-dition of the highly acclaimed Principles and Practice of Sleep Medicine text gives you two fast ways to find expert solutions to the clinical challenges that arise in your practice. Regular updates online ensure that you'll always have access to the most current information!
- Equips you with state-of-the-art, evidence-based guidance to help you offer your patients the best possible outcomes.
- Includes 450 outstanding illustrations that show you exactly what to look for and how to proceed.
- Features 40 video clips that demonstrate sleep apnea, seizures, movement disorders, bruxism, more.
- Offers rapid access to the answers you need via the fully searchable web site.
- Delivers regular updates online, overseen by the authors, to keep you continually apprised of important new clinical developments.
- Lets you download all of the book's illustrations for use in electronic presentations.
- Links references to the corresponding MEDLINE abstracts to simplify further research.
- THE BOOK:
- Discusses hot topics such as the genetic mechanisms of circadian rhythms * the relationship between obesity, hormones, and sleep apnea * sleep apnea and arterial hypertension * and more.
- Includes a new section on Cardiovascular Disorders that examines the links between sleep breathing disorders and cardiovascular abnormalities, as well as the use of sleep related therapies for congestive heart failure.
- Incorporates a wide variety of specialties, including pulmonary * neurology * psychiatry * cardiology * and more.
- Provides a new section on Women's Health and Sleep Disorders that includes information on the effects of hormonal changes during pregnancy and menopause on sleep.
- Features the fresh perspectives of 8 new section editors.
- Employs a more consistent chapter organization for better readability and easier navigation.
- THE WEBSITE:
- At www.sleepmedtext.com, users can search the entire contents of the book and access...
- Weekly content updates.
- Video clips
- Over 135 supplementary images downloadable into PowerPoint®.
- Patient information sheets, including some in Spanish, French, and Japanese.
- Government and national sleep foundation guidelines for specific disorders.
- Over 480 self-assessment questions.
- Links to related web sites.
Your purchase entitles you to access the web site until the next edition is published, or until the current edition is no longer offered for sale by Elsevier, whichever occurs first. If the next edition is published less than one year after your purchase, you will be entitled to online access for one year from your date of purchase. Elsevier reserves the right to offer a suitable replacement product (such as a downloadable or CD-ROM-based electronic version) should access to the web site be discontinued.
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
State-of-the-art evidence-based guidance to help you offer your patients the best possible outcomes
About the Author
Meir H. Kryger, MD, FRCPC, Professor of Medicine, University of Connecticut, Director of Research and Education, Gaylord Hospital Sleep Medicine, Wallingford , Connecticut
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.