Items related to Thread Count

Terri Kirby Erickson Thread Count ISBN 13: 9781420892987

Thread Count - Softcover

9781420892987: Thread Count
View all copies of this ISBN edition:

Thread Count belongs in everyone's library. Many of the poems will forever be committed to memory and quoted through time . . . as their meanings are eternal and beautiful. - Mark Houston, M.D., author of What Your Doctor May Not Tell You About Hypertension

Like a time capsule, her (Erickson's) poetry draws in a reader as vividly as a snapshot or a painting, but with descriptions of emotions and environments that are lost in translation with film or paint. - Denise Kasper, Winston-Salem Journal

Terri Erickson has made a marvel in these poems, a gift of connection that is rich, deep and wide. She expresses the essence of things both ordinary and remarkable in ways that invite the rest of us to experience our own lives more fully and deeply. In a world all too shallow and in love with speed, these poems demonstrate the great value of depth, caring and the moment taken to pause and consider. - Nelson Adams, author of Learn to Be Happy

"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.

From the Author:
I am very fond and proud of this first collection of my poems, mostly because it took so much courage for me to publish them, myself, without ever sending the manuscript to a publisher, and none of these poems were published (or sent to!) journals prior to the book's publication. Thread Count was my first step toward my goal of becoming a published poet--and I have to admit, I had no idea what I was doing!  I am amazed at how many copies of Thread Count have been sold to people all over the country.  I never could have imagined it would be so well received!  Since 2006, I've had two manuscripts accepted and published by the wonderful small press, Press 53, (Telling Tales of Dusk, 2009, and In the Palms of Angels, 2011), along with many prestigious authors from around the United States.  My poems have been widely published in many fine journals, and have won multiple awards.  I feel very blessed and grateful for the progression of my professional writing career, and to the people who continue to buy all of my books--but this first collection will always hold a special place in my heart...
About the Author:
Thread Count is Terri Kirby Erickson's first collection of poetry, and was published in 2006.  Her latest book, In the Palms of Angels (Press 53) won a Nautilus Silver Award for poetry that "engenders compassion, wisdom, greater understanding, empathy, or passion through the artful use of language," and a Gold Medal for Poetry in the Next Generation Indie Books Awards.

Her second collection, Telling Tales of Dusk, was #23 on the Poetry Foundation's Contemporary Best Sellers list in 2010.

Her work has appeared or is forthcoming in numerous literary journals, anthologies and other publications, including former U.S. Poet Laureate Ted Kooser's American Life in Poetry, the 2013 Poet's Market, The Christian Science Monitor, storySouth, Eclectica, JAMA, the North Carolina Literary Review, Verse Daily, and many others. She has been nominated twice for the Pushcart Prize, and for a Best of the Net Award. Her awards include first place honors from the North Carolina Poetry Society, the Carteret Writers, and the Writers' Ink Guild, and she was one of eleven international winners of the Nazim Hikmet Poetry Prize in 2011.  One of her poems was also a finalist for the Rita Dove Poetry Award.  Please visit her website at terrikirbyerickson.wordpress.com

The cover of Thread Count and her other books, as well, were painted by her uncle, internationally acclaimed artist Stephen White, whose work has been exhibited at MoMA.

"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.

• PublisherAuthorHouse
  • Publication date2006
  • ISBN 10 1420892983
  • ISBN 13 9781420892987
  • BindingPaperback
  • Number of pages132

Top Search Results from the AbeBooks Marketplace

Stock Image

Terri Kirby Erickson
Published by AuthorHouse (2006)
ISBN 10: 1420892983 ISBN 13: 9781420892987
New Softcover Quantity: > 20
Seller:
Lucky's Textbooks
(Dallas, TX, U.S.A.)

Book Description Condition: New. Seller Inventory # ABLIING23Mar2411530204124

More information about this seller | Contact seller

Buy New
US$ 18.14
Convert currency

Add to Basket

Shipping: US$ 3.99
Within U.S.A.
Destination, rates & speeds
Stock Image

Terri Kirby Erickson
New PAP Quantity: > 20
Print on Demand
Seller:
PBShop.store US
(Wood Dale, IL, U.S.A.)

Book Description PAP. Condition: New. New Book. Shipped from UK. THIS BOOK IS PRINTED ON DEMAND. Established seller since 2000. Seller Inventory # L0-9781420892987

Buy New
US$ 24.22
Convert currency

Add to Basket

Shipping: FREE
Within U.S.A.
Stock Image

Terri Kirby Erickson
Print on Demand
Seller:
Ria Christie Collections
(Uxbridge, United Kingdom)

Book Description Condition: New. PRINT ON DEMAND Book; New; Fast Shipping from the UK. No. book. Seller Inventory # ria9781420892987_lsuk

Buy New
US$ 20.28
Convert currency

Add to Basket

Shipping: US$ 12.53
From United Kingdom to U.S.A.
Stock Image

Terri Kirby Erickson
New Paperback / softback Quantity: > 20
Print on Demand
Seller:
THE SAINT BOOKSTORE
(Southport, United Kingdom)

Book Description Paperback / softback. Condition: New. This item is printed on demand. New copy - Usually dispatched within 5-9 working days. Seller Inventory # C9781420892987

Buy New
US$ 23.89
Convert currency

Add to Basket

Shipping: US$ 11.24
Stock Image

Erickson, Terri Kirby
Published by AuthorHouse 2006-01 (2006)
New PF Quantity: 10
Seller:
Chiron Media
(Wallingford, United Kingdom)

Book Description PF. Condition: New. Seller Inventory # 6666-IUK-9781420892987

Buy New
US$ 17.07
Convert currency

Add to Basket

Shipping: US$ 18.83
Stock Image

Terri Kirby Erickson
New PAP Quantity: > 20
Print on Demand
Seller:
PBShop.store UK
(Fairford, GLOS, United Kingdom)

Book Description PAP. Condition: New. New Book. Delivered from our UK warehouse in 4 to 14 business days. THIS BOOK IS PRINTED ON DEMAND. Established seller since 2000. Seller Inventory # L0-9781420892987

Buy New
US$ 22.98
Convert currency

Add to Basket

Shipping: US$ 31.40
Seller Image

Terri Kirby Erickson
Published by Authorhouse (2006)
New Taschenbuch Quantity: 1
Print on Demand
Seller:
AHA-BUCH GmbH
(Einbeck, Germany)

Book Description Taschenbuch. Condition: Neu. nach der Bestellung gedruckt Neuware - Printed after ordering - Thread Count belongs in everyone's library. Many of the poems will forever be committed to memory and quoted through time.as their meanings are eternal and beautiful.Mark Houston, M.D., What Your Doctor May Not Tell You About HypertensionTerri Erickson has made a marvel in these poems, a gift of connection that is rich, deep and wide. She expresses the essence of things both ordinary and remarkable in ways that invite the rest of us to experience our own lives more fully and deeply. In a world all too shallow and in love with speed, these poems demonstrate the great value of depth, caring and the moment taken to pause and consider.Nelson Adams, Learn to Be Happy. Seller Inventory # 9781420892987

Buy New
US$ 31.81
Convert currency

Add to Basket

Shipping: US$ 35.35
From Germany to U.S.A.
Seller Image

Erickson, Terri Kirby
Print on Demand
Seller:
moluna
(Greven, Germany)

Book Description Condition: New. Dieser Artikel ist ein Print on Demand Artikel und wird nach Ihrer Bestellung fuer Sie gedruckt. &Uumlber den AutorrnrnTerri Kirby Erickson is the author of five previous collections of poetry. Her work has received multiple honors, including the Joy Harjo Poetry Prize, Nautilus Silver Book Award, Atlanta Review International Publication A. Seller Inventory # 447604582

Buy New
US$ 27.53
Convert currency

Add to Basket

Shipping: US$ 52.49
From Germany to U.S.A.