With over 16 weeks on the Globe and Mail bestseller list, Survive! is the ultimate insider’s guide to survival. Now with over 175 colour photographs throughout, Survive! The Ultimate Edition also includes an exclusive DVD that features newly remastered versions of rarely seen Survivorman episodes. From the sun-scorched sands of the Kalahari to the snake-infested jungles of the Amazon, Les stroud has survived it all. Here, in a special collector’s edition, the creator, producer and host of the hit television show Survivorman shares his field-tested expertise in this no-nonsense look at the real world of survival.
· FIRE: primary and last-ditch methods for starting a fire
· WATER: how to find water anywhere, including how to get it from a stone
· SHELTER: the 5 Ws of building a shelter: Water, Wigglies, Wood, Weather and avoiding Widowmakers (falling trees)
· FOOD: the top three edible plants and creatures for every region
· SIGNALLING: how to get noticed quickly, using tried-and-true methods and the latest technologies
· SKILLS: how to use what you’ve got on hand to make snares, traps, tools and clothing
· DANGERS: avoiding predators large and small and defending yourself against them
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
Survival expert and filmmaker Les Stroud is the creator/producer/host/director of Survivorman and Les Stroud: Beyond Survival on the Discovery Channel. He has produced, hosted, and appeared in many television specials, including Shark Week, Surviving Alaska, and Off the Grid with Les Stroud.
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Collins, 2009. Paperback. Book Condition: New. Never used!. Bookseller Inventory # P111554686377
Book Description Collins, 2009. Paperback. Book Condition: New. Brand New!. Bookseller Inventory # VIB1554686377